News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Selecting payment methods - really need help please!

Started by Mr Livered, April 28, 2012, 21:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Livered

Hello

I'm tearing my hair out here. If anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be a very happy man!

If I have only one payment method published, and I select the "Enable Automatic Selected Payment?" box in the configuration, then there's no problem. Shoppers are taken to the checkout and then on to the appropriate payment page.

However, I would like to offer a second payment option. so I publish a second payment method. Then, when a shopper gets to the checkout there's a "Select payment" link.

The problem is this: that link takes him to a page where the two payment options are listed, and they have radio buttons next to each one but there is no way to confirm your choice once you have made it. You can click on whatever payment method you prefer, but nothing happens.

Should there be "Save" and "Cancel" buttons like other pages in the VM checkout?

Thank you very much.

jenkinhill

There should be radio buttons and save/cancel. See attached from VM2.0.6

Have you set up a template override for the cart? You don't mention the VM version - it is one of the development versions or 2.0.4/6 stable version?

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mr Livered

Thanks very much for your reply.

That's pretty much what I expected to hear: that there should be "Save" and "Cancel" buttons.

On my site (VM 2.0.6) there options are listed with their radio buttons, but since the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons are missing the shopper gets stuck at that point, and cannot proceed with his/her purchase.

Do you have any ideas as to what might cause the buttons not to show up?

Cheers

jenkinhill

If the radio button code is there on the page then it could be css hiding them. I assume you are not using any template overrides or edited any templates, which could mean an install error. Have you installed any additional payment plugins that may not have been updated to 2.0.6?

If nothing helps you can install the component again using Joomla's extension installer/manager which will overwrite the files, but not disturb the database or images. Try on a backup copy, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mr Livered

Thanks.

I've actually just noticed that the following code is present in the outputted html:

<div class="buttonBar-right">
<button class="button vm-button-correct" type="submit">Save</button>
<button class="button vm-button-correct" onclick="window.location.href='/component/virtuemart/view/cart'" type="reset">Cancel</button>
</div>

- so the buttons are indeed being hidden by something.

With apologies for my stupidity, I just don't understand why this code could be present but not visible. Would there be a way to force them to show up, or in reinstallation the only option do you think?

Cheers

jenkinhill

Most likely some css is hiding them, maybe from your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Mr Livered

Indeed; but how to go about stopping it from hiding them?!

jenkinhill

Use Firebug to examine the elements on the page. That shoud indicate the css being used and allow you to test some style edits.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=73348.0

Alternatively use Firebug Lite with Developer Tools in Chrome. https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/overview

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK