News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't get plugin to work on Virtuemart Front page

Started by bikermanirl, April 20, 2012, 13:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikermanirl

I have Joomla 2.5.4 and virtuemart 2.06 (Latest versions of both) with the virtuemart front page set up as the home page for the site.

The problem is I Can't get the simple slideshow plugin to work on Virtuemart Front page.
The page shows: the text {besps}simpleslideshow{/besps} instead of the slideshow.

The plugin is working fine because I can run it on anyother page .

I tried changing permissions for users to whitelist and no filter, it made no difference. I also tried disabling the html editor.

I also tried manually coding a slideshow into the html with the editor disabled but all the tags were stripped once saved.

jenkinhill

You can use a Joomla plugin in the product full description but not in the short desc or the store desc etc.

Put the slide show in a module to put in  a suitable position within your Joomla template - or code a suitable position into the template index.php if there is not a suitable one.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bikermanirl

Thanks, our client needs to have the slideshow with text on the top and bottom so I don't think that will work.

I tried the solution here but it didnt work http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95316.0

Do I need to edit a different file?

What I'm trying to accomplish is a title and small amount of text on the top of the page, then the slideshow taking up the full available width. Then some more text. Followed by categories and featured products.

If it's not possible to use a plugin, is there any other way of getting this to work?

Thanks again

jenkinhill

I can't think of a way of doing this without using modules.

Looks like you need a special homepage template layout with stacked module positions, as top textblock can be in a module, as can slideshow, then third module for more text. Categories & featured would be in a mainpage content.

But that is more of a Joomla layout issue, rather than a VirtueMart problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum