Category Form Limit Parameters

Started by danivers, April 05, 2012, 20:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danivers

Category Form Limit List Start    
Category Form Limit List Step    
Category Form Limit List Max    
Category Form Initial Display Records    

Does anyone know what these parameters are for?

I asked Google and the Forum search box, and they're both stumped.  Seems that the internet knows more more about what's inside a black hole than those settings in Virtuemart. 

I assumed they were meant to control the number of products on a category page, but they're having no effect on my site.  Is there another way to control the number of products on a category page?  I'm showing 10, I'd like to show 12.

http://media.maidendetroit.com/00-newsite/index.php/estore/business-cards

Also, does anyone know if a comprehensive Virtuemart 2.0 manual exists?  I would gladly pay for one.

System Info:
PHP Built On    Linux host.maidendetroit.com 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 04:57:35 EST 2012 x86_64
Database Version    5.1.61-cll
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.9
Web Server    Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0

John2400

danivers,

Hi I presume the limits are set by your template -
* in the last few months - "tumber" clients wanted the unlimited scrolling bar .

so you could go down for ever - here The width and the height are set for a certain limit_ height . Maybe in the template you might be able to extend the height?

The others are related to how the computer searches for items listed under its category - '0' really means there are no limits set. - I am happy to be corrected.

Merry

Quote from: danivers on April 05, 2012, 20:40:28 PM
Category Form Limit List Start    
Category Form Limit List Step    
Category Form Limit List Max    
Category Form Initial Display Records    

Does anyone know what these parameters are for? ...

>Also, does anyone know if a comprehensive Virtuemart 2.0 manual exists?  I would gladly pay for one.

These are a little tricky because VirtueMart picks up defaults from one box or another - Example, if you set the DEFAULT NUMBER OF PRODUCTS PER ROW to 3, VM2 uses this number in Category Form Limit List Step:

CATEGORY FORM LIMIT LIST START: This changes the top right RESULTS drop-down number that the shopper can select to jump forward. Leave at 0 to let VirtueMart choose this number for you.
CATEGORY FORM LIMIT LIST STEP: How many items you want to appear on the page. Note that other settings or the template can over-ride this. Leave at 0 to let VirtueMart choose this number for you.
CATEGORY FORM LIMIT LIST MAX: The total number of pages you want to appear in the top right RESULTS drop-down box. Note that other settings or the template can over-ride this. Leave at 0 to let VirtueMart choose this number for you. 
CATEGORY FORM INITIAL DISPLAY RECORDS: How many rows are displayed on the page initially. The shopper can change this by selecting a different number from the top right RESULTS drop-down box.

To answer your second question, my ADMIN USER Manual to VM2 will be published in a few days: http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-user-manual-with-free-install-quick-setup-guides-p-209.html

Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/