News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

Started by robinclapp, April 13, 2012, 20:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robinclapp

Hi

I upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 using the upgrade button in my component.

There was an error that I don't remember but maybe it had a -1 number?

Then it kicked me out of the component.  Now the virtuemart component is no longer listed in the component drop down and a new one is there instead "virtuemart-aio".  This only brings up a screen that says I need to upgrade to 2.0.4.  So I click on the update button.

I can't upgrade this way because I am limited by the 2M.  I remember now that I did a manual install the first time.

I can't get to my virtuemart because it is no longer in the menu.  How do I resolve this?

Robin

PRO

robinclapp

I am unsure how things work in Joomla 2.5.  Should I be installing the whole package "virtuemart 2.0.4"?  Or is there an upgrade?

I still have to do it manually because of the 2M limit.  I working with my host to increase is.

So if I go into extension manager and use the install from directory, is this the correct file: com_virtuemart.2.0.4.zip?  or is it com_virtuemart.2.0.4_ext_aio.zip?

Robin

robinclapp

I've tried everything and I can't seem to get a proper install of virtuemart 2.0.4.  And the Virtuemart 2.0.3 is no longer in my menu?  How do I get it back in my menu?????  Frustration

I wish I never clicked on the upgrade button.  My host is now 4M for the max file size, but it still doesn't seem to matter - it won't install 2.0.4.  It gives me this error: 

* Copy failed
        * JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/joomla_2/tmp/install_4f888aef0acff/components/com_virtuemart/router.php to /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/joomla_2/components/com_virtuemart/router.php

PRO

Quote from: robinclapp on April 13, 2012, 20:29:20 PM
or is it com_virtuemart.2.0.4_ext_aio.zip?

NO

AIO means the All In One Module (which is a package of modules)

Yes you install the whole package

and,

you could unzip the file, and FTP the folders over, then "install or update tables"

BEFORE you try anything, BACKUP