News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Wrong currency symbol is showing in product pricing

Started by cyberrick, February 15, 2012, 13:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberrick

I am selling in USD but all my pricing is showing up in with the EURO symbol instead of the $ symbol.  How do I fix this?

clementstigma

Did you double your shop's config for acceptable currencies?
I believe there's a segment under the vendor page on its default currency too...think that might be the problem?

John2400

I would try Three areas.
* You have set your currecy in configuration>>currency ( done) (pubblished it and checked the settings)
* You have gone to your products and changed each to the >>product price currency (done)
* Then go to shop>>shop>>Currency and change both to accepted currency.

* This is where I had issues too - the symbol on the front endshoul be right now.

z-analysts

I'm still having problems with the currency symbol showing as Euro! I have everything set to USD as instructed. Is anyone else having this problem?

Help!

VM 2.0.2
Joomla 2.5.2

meet_rayhan

Please make sure country in shop address (Shop > Additional Information) is United States. If it is default then it must be pointing to some where in Europe.

z-analysts

What a nightmare!! I discovered that I had to define myself (super user) as a vendor to get the USD currency setting to take effect. Once I did that however my currency problem was solved.

terp

Quote from: timburkart on March 09, 2012, 01:49:14 AM
What a nightmare!! I discovered that I had to define myself (super user) as a vendor to get the USD currency setting to take effect. Once I did that however my currency problem was solved.

Agreed.  Thanks for the lead on how to address this. Amazingly intuitive, eh? lol