News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

User details not saved

Started by joophilverink, March 28, 2012, 10:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joophilverink

After adding a user the user details are not saved. There is an account with name, username and E-mail address
Block user is set to yes.
User group is set to Registered.
All the selectable thinks on the right indicating "Use standard"
The user is not activated.

Opening the shopper in VM there is only filled inn, permission, Shopper Number and Shopper Group.
The Tab Additional Information is empty
The Tab General User Information is showing Block User.

Is there a fix for this?

In Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

John2400

joophilverink,
Hi the adding of a user sometimes is hard to find and it might just be a little look in few areas.

IN VM >> go to the tools>> click on control panel>>and then clcik on shoppers>> hopfully then you will get a list of all shoppers in VM.

Click a few time is it does not appear>> now click your user and you should see two tabs - just what you are looking for >> you can also set your vendor here, who will have three tabs.

You are not the only person who is having difficulty with adding users and this might not - vM but Joomla - 2.5 ( version)? as I see in the Joomla forums.

joophilverink

Hi,
The list of shopers is there. The tab "Additionel Information" the fields below are empty. The tab  "General User Information" is showing Block User.

John2400

joophilverink,

Are you saying that you cannot click on general user and tick no>>block user>> save?

and then go back to joomla menu >>user >>your user and check that no is on there too?

The additional user will be blank because you have to fill it in as admin? ( and there you are saying you cannot add the additional information there and save.)

Are registering the user or are they allowed to register themselves? In joomla user : "user Manager" >> options>>  in Joomla - just check the setting you want> I have 'allow user registration'>> set to "no" and I register all users.

If that is the case then : and these setting are Ok and then you cannot save the additional Information. Then you need to reset these seetings to allow self registration and try again.

just see how you go - because the settings in your first post appear actually right? until you fill in the imformation from teh back end of VM and save.? let me know how you went.

Try and give the user a password and user name and buy a product.

joophilverink

OK, I filled in the missing things from the back end.  Checking the settings user manager >> options.
I like to activate them self,   and Saved.
After registering at front end a new user, a massage tells the account is made but has to be activated.
Never the less, the screen shows all the details en is suggesting me that I'm logged inn.
There is e-mail telling me I have to activate my account.  I use the activation link. Looking back end the user is still blocked and not activated.
After wards I changed the user options to no activation.
I made a new user and order and payment.  Everything is OK.
Back to the user settings, changing the settings, in activating by user. 
After making a new user, the same happens as before.
The activation by link take not place. The user is still blocked and not activated.

John2400

Ok ,

sorry to hear that the user is not activating ,

This I'm sure is a joomla issue - not just VM and like I said before I have seen registration of users and trying to retrieve user passwords and user names in Joomla appears an issue .

especially in 2.5.*

* The possible option is to upgrade to VM new version (pick one from here) - remember these still have some issues which the VM team
are working on - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
back up your site before ugrading and see how you go.

Infact version 'H" has just been released

jenkinhill

Quote from: John2400 on March 28, 2012, 22:22:10 PM
This I'm sure is a joomla issue - not just VM and like I said before I have seen registration of users and trying to retrieve user passwords and user names in Joomla appears an issue .
especially in 2.5.*

I see there has been a bug report for the JUser object in Joomla 2.5.3  - maybe part of the issue.

Just seen "We have decided to release 2.5.4 on Monday, April 2" in the bugsquad group.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

John2400

Yes it sall over their forums -

The idea was that  they were getting hacked - by a simple issue - the idea was to upgrade to 2.5.3 and resolve the issue . Only problem is It still does not work.

Not  a problem for me at this moment but joomla security release  have a suggestion that others should turn off - in Extensions>>manage>>usermanager >>if they have not updated to 2.5.3.??

Mind you that doesn't help me because I'm like the rest - the email password retrevial doesn't work on 2.5.3?

thanks - I'll just ahve to wait.