News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to display a sales price

Started by mlhilliard, December 10, 2014, 11:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlhilliard

This is probably an easy fix but I do not know where to start since I am new to virtuemart. 

How can you display the original price of the item and then a sales price? Are there any tutorials on this?

mlhilliard

Thanks for your response.  I am wanting to have the normal price crossed out and the sales price showing in red.  I have not been able to do that.

I have attached my screen shot of my page on the back end.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mlhilliard

Which CSS file do I modify or is it different with each template?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alinajenon

Jenkinhill, I was wondering if you, or anyone, could help me figure out what I'm missing.

I have read the thread you mentioned above ( http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121993.msg416383#msg416383 ) but the steps don't seem to be working, or i"m missing something.

The templatemonster I'm using had demo content showing a product with a sales tag, sales price, and old price with a slash through it. I accidentally deleted the demo content that created this, and am now trying to figure out how to re-create.

I am attaching several screenshots:

2) what the demo looked like
2b) my current pricing settings
2c) my first tax/calc rule (assigned to Sale category, which my product is assigned to)
2d) my second tax/calc rule

2 more attachements in next post

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or missing?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alinajenon

2e) the sale product settings
2f) what the sale product currently looks like on my website