News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping PRO - Great shipping solution for Virtuemart 2.x

Started by outsourcepro, December 08, 2012, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsourcepro

Hi all,
After successes of Price Shipping and Category Shipping extensions, I released a new shipping extension for Virtuemart 2.x called Shipping PRO, this is a perfect and flexible solution to create shipping cost for Virtuemart 2.x. It allows you to define many different shipping types for your shop.

1. Products Shipping: You can define shipping cost for each product based on zipcode ranges.

2. Prices Shipping: Define shipping cost based on total price of order

3. Manufacturers Shipping: Define shipping cost for each manufacturer based on zipcode ranges and weight ranges.

You can check more about Shipping PRO at http://joomdonation.com/components/shipping-pro.html

I hope that Shipping PRO will be useful for you.
Sincerely, Giang

rwlazlo

How will the shipping be calculated when products in the shopping cart are each with the different shipping method attached to them, example:

Product A has product based shipping at $10
Product B has weghth based shipping with $8 at 5Lbs

What happens in different variants here since you have few to choose from? Is the shighest shipping picked or is it jsut added on top of one another? Please explain..

outsourcepro

Hello,
If you enable both of shipping methods, then users will be able to choose a shipping method for their checkout.
In Shipping Pro, you have 3 shipping types:

1. Shipping cost per product.
2. Shipping cost based on total price of order
3. Shipping cost based on manufacturer.

If you enable all of these 3 types, then shipping cose for Shipping PRO will = total of these 3 shipping types.
Thank you!
Sincerely, Giang

ehwwong

I brought the plugin for try-out since there is no "test" version... i am building a large shopping cart with thousands of shipments every month to over 130 countries.

I explored many options that cater to per product prices solutions and i have been conned to get "virtuemart shipping" (google it, you know which plugin i am referring too) it turned out that the plugin only support non-international shipment...

Anyway... the product worked out of the box for me (almost.. some issuess need to be fixed and Giang fixed it for me) and i would say this plugin is very very promising!

osonabit

Hi,

If we have lots of products it's very difficult to update the shipping cost per product.

Is it  possible to have a cost per weight of each prodcut? Then I just have to make the rule of the weight and put the cost, for ex. from 0kg to 3kg cost 11.12€, from 3,01kg to 10kg cost 12.26€ etc... and this for each product thant means if I have 2 products in the cart, 1 of 2.5kg and the other of 5kg then the total cost it will be 11.12 + 12.26 = 23.38€

aahhhh, and it have to depend of the country, too. from 0kg to 3kg to france is 12.85€ but the same weight to Germany is 11.12€

Can we have this possibility?

Thanks.