News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Japanese food & culture site

Started by JungleJap, July 21, 2006, 14:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JungleJap

Hi there,

I've just launched a online bookshop as part of Eat-Japan.com, a site packed with in-depth information about Japanese food and culture.

Here's the entrance of the shop -> http://www.eat-japan.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=112

The site uses Joomla! 1.0.8 with VirtueMart 1.0.5. A team of us tewaked the templates to make the shop as good-looking and east to use as possible. I'd love to hear from you guys out there what you think of the site and especially you idea to make this site better.

Cheers!

Rio

londonkid

Looks great.  Nice design and interesting products. 

You might want to check out the 'product Details' section for 'The Art of Tofu' -- looks like there are some visible <> brackets which shouldn't be there.

How long did it take you to put the thing together?

Good luck with the shop!

Al

JungleJap

Hi Al,

Thank you pointing out about the bracket.  I'll contact the content manager and sort it out.

I can't really say how long it took.  The shop was launched in the old site in Feb and been tweaked constantly.  Probabaly ten files in the core files are modified.  I found the most time-consuming part of the project was to find which file and where to edit  ;D  Once I found that, it wasn't too bad.

Rio