Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can not add to the cart

Started by timpennington, August 08, 2012, 21:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timpennington

Hello:

I've read dozens of threads on this and cannot find the solution to my problem:

I am using VM 2.0.8e and Joomla 2.5.6. My site is http://goturpin.com/NEXT2/index.php/component/virtuemart/turpin-athletic-boosters-family-memberships/orderDesc?Itemid=

I have been trying various solutions, but I can not get VM to add products to the cart; I have turned on "pop up" cart on/off, have turned off jquery ... I guess I'm not that good of a programmer, because I can't solve.

I have added Firefox Firebug and read through the errors:

1. ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined (even when I have jquery turned off or on)

2. TypeError: Virtuemart is undefined
[Break On This Error]    
Virtuemart.addtocart_popup = '1' ;

3. TypeError: jaMegaMenuMoo is not a constructor
[Break On This Error]    
var megamenu = new jaMegaMenuMoo ('ja-megamenu', {

4. TypeError: function ($) {var undefined, methods (this error is very long and I don't want to paste it here).

I know this issue has been discussed many times, but I'm working on a  non-profit organization's site pro bono and I need to get this up soon.

Thanks to all

tp

BoiceNet

TP,

Are you using a third-party template for your store? Or did you design the site on your own? It appears that modified code is being used which has broken the cart functionality.

BB

BoiceNet

My apologies... I see at the bottom that you purchased a template. Make sure the template your purchased actually specifies 2.0.8 as being supported. Not just 2.x.x as was my case. Designers build for current versions at the time and version 2.0.8e had some changes that your designer may have not been aware of.