News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

state, country select boxes not validated?

Started by ntemple, March 12, 2012, 20:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntemple

Though I have checked both the state and country select boxes as required in the administrator (as per defaults), I can successfully check out without choosing either. 

How can I best resolve this?

Thanks!,

Nick

(vm 2.0.2 / Joomla 1.5.25)

PRO

configuration/shopper fields

Are they set to  "required"

Biggreuda

I've got the same problem.
The customers could only choose to pick up everything in the store themselfes, all the delivery-methods were not shown.
We figured out, that they just didn't fill out the country in the registration form, because they didn't have to.
The deliveries are limited to germany, because obviously we can't send a table for example to australia with the same costs as in germany...
As you can see in the screenshots, it is not a configuration problem.

Joomla! 2.5.4, Virtuemart 2.0.6

Any help would be very appreciated :)

swilkerson

This is a BIG problem, has there not been a resolve to this?

swilkerson

Apparently no fix for this. We've tried just about everything for this one and still cannot validate, not required, and visitors are checking out without completing country and state.  Will have to revert to an older version of Virtuemart in order to satisfy my client, this is terrible.

celticwebs

I was just about to post about this exact issue, I'm getting orders where the customer has omitted to select the state and been allowed place their order.  It's a real pain having to sort it out, why was such an important feature overlooked?

Does anybody know if it's been posted as an official bug?

Anybody worked out a workaround to make it force somebody to select anything other than the ---Select--- box?  I'm assuming it's thinking something is already selected because the ---Select--- is showing as a selection?

This needs a bug fix ASAP it's a basic required function for placing orders.

joshuab

Any new info on this VM2 issue? I have the same exact issue with Joomla! 2.5.4 with VM 2.0.6

For me the main issue I have is a Tax rule set up for California residents but when the "State / Province / Region" is left blank VM charges Tax regardless? This is mainly affecting international orders. Any clues on how to fix this issue. . .

And yes I made sure the configuration/shopper fields are checked "Required"

celticwebs

It seems to be one of those silly bugs that seems as though it's not a straight forward fix.

caddyman

i realize this is a old thread but i am having the same issue, was there ever a resolution?

skdmarx

How is this not fixed? We can't be the only people in the US that are trying to use this cart solution.