PayPal Plugin order status and emails not working correctly

Started by nicole2292, November 20, 2011, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talleyrand

Hi all,

In case of Paypal payment validated, vendor and client do not get any email. How Alatak get an email ? Debug is off for me.

Luc

John2400

Alatak,

My log - debug file : whole message

2012-02-06 20:45:50

* If this is perfect then the issue is that when you test Paypal payment option - you must test with a sandbox option on in Paypal otherwise we will not see the completed transaction.

* The reason then is that In VM one I did not have to test this payment option inthe sand box because I always receive the VM1 emails orders first and I know paypal look after their own.

* Again - Its just in the explaination of the work flow?

I appreciate the time and hope your answer says I am good to go.

lt635

Hi,

I am stuck on this problem.  Currently testing on a live server getting it ready to move to it's own server in hopefully 1 weeks time.  Using PayPal sandbox, no emails to customer or vendor from vm.  After completion of order and you come back to the shop the cart is not cleared. If you registered when checking out and are logged in, the cart will clear when you log out.

I need a solution for this before I can go live with this site.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

alatak

Hi,

Quote2012-02-06 20:45:50
This means that the order has been created and Paypal trigger is called.
Obviously you did not receive the paypal notification since you don't have an entry in the log file. Can you go on your web site server log, and check if around the time of your test, you ave an entry like thath

should look like "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component"
and check if the HTTP status is 200 or 500. 

Go on the BE, in the order,check if have a new entry in the history, saying that the payment has been confimed, and the email sent.

Let's try that first.
If i don't get any good explanation , then i will contact you by MP.

Talleyrand

I'm doing real testing with a valid paypal account (client & shop).

It seems that on calling plgVmOnPaymentResponseReceived, $payment_data is null. I checked at virtuemart_order_id value, it's empty. No mail sent, cart not cleared...

fmp.martins

Quote from: alatak on February 04, 2012, 11:29:11 AM
Hi,

QuoteI've passed the last two weeks bug fixing VM2 stuff... Some bugs seem like the code was writen and no one even bothered to test it once!...
That is not true. We do test it :).
I have no doubt that you test it. What I'm stating is that the tests performed are week and not enough, specially for a product that took years of development.

Anyway, I'm not here to criticise but to help improving VM and to get help on critical issue...

Can you please try this version http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96945.0, and tell me if your problem is still there?
Done.
The problem seems to have been solved in 2.0.2H (but I still need to run more tests in order to be shure).

But now, this shows up during the screen that takes the user to PayPal:
vmError: VmTableData::store failed - Unknown column 'virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `fuw1o_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` (`id`,`virtuemart_order_id`,`order_number`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`shipment_name`,`order_weight`,`shipment_weight_unit`,`shipment_cost`,`shipment_package_fee`,`tax_id`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','4','14d79ffe','0','Levantamento na lojaLevantamento na loja','0','KG','0','0','0','2012-03-02 20:11:11','42','2012-03-02 20:11:11','42')

alatak

Hi,

That table should have those fields:

'id' => 'INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT',
       'virtuemart_order_id' => 'INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL',
       'order_number' => 'CHAR(32) DEFAULT NULL',
       'virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id' => 'MEDIUMINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL',
       'shipment_name' => 'VARCHAR(5000)',
       'order_weight' => 'DECIMAL(10,4) DEFAULT NULL',
       'shipment_weight_unit' => 'CHAR(3) DEFAULT \'KG\' ',
       'shipment_cost' => 'DECIMAL(10,2) DEFAULT NULL',
       'shipment_package_fee' => 'DECIMAL(10,2) DEFAULT NULL',
       'tax_id' => 'SMALLINT(1) DEFAULT NULL'

If you don't have those fields, you should delete the table with PhpMyAdmin, and go back to your shipemnt method, and store it. The table will be created again.

fmp.martins

Done.  ;)
That went just fine.

Know I'm facing a new problem, when I select the billing address, the login/register form shows up, but I have the "Only registered users can checkout" uncheked.
Also, I can enter the payment and shipping selection forms with no problem whatsoever (they just show up blank since they depend on the address and It's empty because the user must login/register)...

dron_gr

I have an issue about sending an order e-mail after successfull PayPal payment like in Standart Payment same with the many people here. I dont understand why it is ignored by developers? There is nowhere information about how to solve that issue! PLease it is really urgent to be solved - e-shop cannot work properly!

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

alatak

Hi,

We don not ignore your messages.:)
I also need to understand why you don't get the emails.
I have been twice on some web sites trying to find out why they don't get the emails, and it appears that it was a misunderstanding. ;

With Paypal you only get emails if and only if the payment has been made. Other wise you don't have the email.

Are you using the VirtueMart 2.0.2 ?

dron_gr

My version of VM is 2.0.0 i cant change it to VM 2.0.2 and joomla 1.6. So i have it on my website and i tested it by paying some fees and after PayPal payment is finish it gives message that in 10 seconds u will be redirected on shop website. After redirecting there is only "THANK YOU" message and nothing else. The only e-mail i took was from PayPal about payment and order number. But it was not like an email in Standart Payment.

Thanks a lot for your help!

John2400

dron_gr,
Hi - I guess the developers are really asking why you cannot upgrade and solve the issue? 

Today I see they posted 2.0.3 version test.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On many of the upgrades this issue may have been resolved So I presume that Alatak was really saying that
she has helped quite a few people and often the answer was not in the software but in the understanding of how the emails and payments work and they differ _ depending on the way (you the customer Pays)

Standard works one way , and paypal works another.

In the new upgrades in the backend in paypal - you will see a message that says "    "
PAYPAL
     Warning - In VM2, the vendor and buyer will ONLY receive an email when the transaction is complete."
Thus paypal invoices and emails are a different process than if you pay by another method.

* When I received my first paypal email It was confusing and a few minutes later I received an email from VM - which stated what the customer ordered.
* so from here - you might need to test on a real product through paypal - make the product $1.00 and see what happens - then post a response.

I must say that Alatack - is the key to your issues best of luck.

alatak

Hi,

Thanks John2400.
QuotePAYPAL
     Warning - In VM2, the vendor and buyer will ONLY receive an email when the transaction is complete."
Yes we have decided to add that together :)

dron_gr

Hi John2400 and Alatak.

THe problem in upgrading is that i made a plenty of changes in code so VM 2.0.0 could work for me fine. When i upgrading i loose every change i made. Im not a php programmer and sure i could make some mistakes but now VM 2.0.0 works really ok and the only problem is that after PayPal payment it doesnot send me an order e-mail. John2400 i was doing exactly what you telling me now - which is testing with 1$ product. PayPal sends me an e-mail VM doesnt. So what kind of solution i could have in that case?

carbon-uk

I have a similar issue.

If orders are not paid, ie user clicks cancel & return to site. The order is not logged in VM, but the order confirmation e-mail is still sent out. It even has order number & order password.

We have orders not completed set to cancel, so if you try to use the login it does not exist. So if the order doesn't exist surely the confirmation should not go out?

Thanks