News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

save product in all languages

Started by Pirosoft, October 10, 2012, 16:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirosoft

Hi, my problem is when a product is not saved in a specific language, it is not shown in the frontend. For example i have English, Spanish, Portughese, i save description in english language and spanish, but if i change language and search the product with search plugin or in category, vm don't show him.
So, i whant know how change this situation, 2 way:
1) i change the select in the model and i search all the product for category and in plugin
2) change the save (no the edit, just the save) and add all the language table at first time, so if i write description in english for new product a click save (or save and close) all the languages table have a new insert (#__virtuemart_products_en_gb, #__virtuemart_products_es_es, ....)

I prefer the second method, but i don't find the php code in vm classes, i find the controller administrator/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/product.php the save function call the save from administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcontroller.php and is the other function save with:
$model = VmModel::getModel($this->_cname);
$id = $model->store($data);

i think call in product model the store function but i don't find the insert in languages table like virtuemart_products_en_gb...

can you help me please?

thanks

jucuegas

Hello,
I'm with virtuemart 2.0.20b in joomla 2.5.11 in Multilingual mode and I have a doubt.

I have it all up, but ...
every time I think a category or product only created in the default language you.

Then I have to edit, and you will see a dropdown with languages ??configured and select it and apply changes with each language.

Categories I have a few, but I see products totally unworkable, since there must be a way that when you add a new product automatically appear in all languages ??and then we will change (in my case the text is common for products all languages).
Any suggestions?