News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Checkout buttons not showing

Started by blackrat999, September 03, 2012, 12:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrat999

I have moved the buttons to underneath the add billing fields but they werent working before i did that and i have turned off every module which makes no difference.
The screenshot shows the edit shipment page in IE where no buttons show up - in FF the first two show up but not the Cancel button and occasionally there are differences in when some of the buttons will show up, like in IE if you select a shipment then "Register and Checkout" and "Checkout as Guest" will display but never the "cancel" button.

This is my last issue before the site can go live so im getting desperate now and really grateful to anyone who can assist.
very many thanks for reading this far !
Rich

ps - Joomla 2.5.6.  / VM 2.0.8c

[attachment cleanup by admin]

blackrat999

Tried all i can on this and totally stuck - desperate if anyone is out there please ?!

jenkinhill

There were some display issues with 2.0.8c but I cant remember what they were. It was only a temporary version, one of the update series which ended at 2.0.8e  - and then to the current stable version, 2.0.10

So I'd update now, disable template overrides to check functionality and then restore them, although you may need to update some override feature. I assuime you are using overrides rather than edits of the master view files...........

com_virtuemart.2.0.10_layout_changes.zip from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files  shows thelayout changes in 2.0.10
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blackrat999

OK thanks for your trouble -
Im not aware it was possible to use "overrides" rather than edit master files. I have been merrily editing away to get the look i wanted which i guess the update will probably affect - but i would rather do them all again if i have to.
can you tell me how i use overrides please ? and as the auto update doesnt appear to work whats the best way to update please?

blackrat999

Took the plunge - complete update to 2.0.10 - exactly the same issue, those buttons arent showing.
I did take a full backup so i could restore it all but probably best to redo my edits.
Gutted though, back to drawing board  :'(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blackrat999

Thanks - any ideas on my missing buttons ?

samje111

Hello,
Im having the same issue can someone please assist.  My "Register And Checkout"  & "Cancel" button are not showing.

jenkinhill

Without a url nobody can help. Often such things are simple css issues and an be identified using Firebug. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

samjer111

Can someone please help me On this issue.  Thanks

jenkinhill

The css in your Shape5 template seems to be overriding the button backround image. Maybe add a new class to the buttons & apply your own css.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK