News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to add extra button to product page

Started by Lymus, January 16, 2012, 21:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lymus

hi everyone,

I need some help, and I would be really grateful if someone could help me.
At the moment I trying to pull a website for my repair services. I am using Joomla 1.7 and Virtuemart 2.
Basicly I would like to add an extra buttton on a product page, similar to Add to Cart.
I have managed to change text in Add to Cart button in to Order Mail In Service, but I would like to add another button, something like Request Call Out Service, which could be linked to a RSForm or something similar. This button should be the same size and style as the other one.
If I correctly understand, I must use custom field option. I am quite new in this, so I would really like to get some help here. Or maybe someone could show me a right direction to get similar result, or share any ideas.
Thanks everyone, and all the best.

Lymus

Lymus

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas how to do it ?
I have looked everywhere, but unfortunateley cannot find solution. I have tried to play with  custom fields, but no luck.
Is there any manual for Virtuemart 2, as it seems a lot of people strugling to get desired results on VM2 ?
Thanks.

jenkinhill

You could add a link to a form/contact component into the productdetail view in a convenient position and style it as a button to match.

The file is joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php  (or one of the other view files in that directory if using a VM2.0.1x version). Use template override so the edit does not get overwritten in furure updates. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Lymus

Hi,

Thanks jenkinhill for your reply.
I am quite a newbie with all this stuff. Is it possible to get a more deeper explanation on how to do it, please.
Thanks a lot.

Lymus