News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Please write your question....(min. 50, max.

Started by Iamjim, January 08, 2012, 06:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamjim

1) In a smaller window, there is no way to scroll

2) There is also no way to close this pop up

3) > Please write your question....(min. 50, max.

WHY 50?  Make someone think of more words?

How may I change this please?

rooney

In your VM admin, go to Configuration->Shopfront tab->under Shopper/Review Rating system, you can change min/max comment length.

tobisagt

Quote from: rooney on January 11, 2012, 08:39:39 AM
In your VM admin, go to Configuration->Shopfront tab->under Shopper/Review Rating system, you can change min/max comment length.

He is talking about "Ask a question about this product" not about "writing Reviews".

I'am also interested in this question!

Iamjim

Thanks > tobisagt

I have to say? That is the dumbest thing I have seen/ran across in sometime really setting that initial CAP Minimum to 50.

I could under stand 1 or up to 6 characters...

Isn't that what Captcha/Anti-Spam is for?

rooney

I have searched admin of VM  but cant find any option for editing question length for "ask a question".
But you can edit in the file which you can find below:
\components\com_virtuemart\views\askquestion\tmpl\form.php.
Around line 21 & 22, you can edit both min & max length.
$min = VmConfig::get('vm_asks_minimum_comment_length', 50);
$max = VmConfig::get('vm_asks_maximum_comment_length', 2000) ;

Iamjim

Thanks for your DD (research)..  But truthfully?  I posted this issue 1/7 sometime...I removed this cart Sunday 5am 1/8/2011.. Too clumsy to work with...too many present bugs... :'(

And, trying to remove it piece by piece is a pain, leaves traces...no simple Un-install and had to reload a start from fresh w/Joomla..so I do not even want to attempt to fully complete a site just to do a cart upgrade and have the possiblity of every breaking.

:-X

giupi

Changing the number in in COnfiguration=>ShopfrontEND=>Question minimum length, simply doesn't work!! Every number you set 0/5/10... it wants always min 50 chrs...

The same if you try to change it in form.php min/max... always damn 50!!!

PS Edit: here the partial solution: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100108.msg331041#msg331041

I mean even if you write no text, the form (at least) tells you that is a compulsory field and you have to write something... earlier you did not even understand why the fields were wrong...