News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Ask a question min and max lengths

Started by Henrynor, March 23, 2012, 14:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henrynor

I have been trying for some time to change the min length of 50 to a much lower value of 5 characters. I have followed the suggestions by changing the values in the form.php but all it does is change the wording. When I send the form it still gives errors, if I type in 50 characters then it works 100%.

Please I would appreciate if some one could help me.

Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.2

Thank you

Henrynor

Hi Everyone

I am sorry to be a pain but my site is going live today and I really need help with this problem. I have changed the text of "Ask a question about this product" to "Request a quote on this product" but having a minimun of 50 characters is way to much, I need to change it to a minimun of 5 characters, but I am really battling.

Can someone give me some ideas please

Biggreuda

Same problem at our site.
If the customer just want's to know "does it also come in blue?" he shouldn't have to write a poem about that.
I just can't figure out where else the system needs to be changed :(

Henrynor

7 hours and still cant get it right - I am ready to toss 3 weeks of site building because of min and max values. Does no one care to help or does no one know ?

jenkinhill

Please allow for different time zones etc when awaiting a reply. remember that some people only visit this forum once every few days. It could also take longer at the moment because the European VM devs and many others are at the JoomlaDay France weekend.

I'm pretty sure that you need to look at components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php where the mailing functions are set.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Henrynor

Jenkinhill - you have become my hero !!!

My problem has been solved ... thank you

:)

Biggreuda

Wohoo, one more point of my list marked as "fixed" now! :D
Many thanks!

Vian

Thank you guys, just solved the same issue with this topic.  ;)