News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

cannot add images for products and categories

Started by lacrim, January 01, 2012, 23:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacrim

Hi,
I am new to VM, so please pardon my ignorance, but I hope for some help here with setting up my store.

So, I am using VM2 on Joomla 1.7.3

The problem is that I cannot upload an image to either a product or category. When on IMAGE tab I see no available images, though there are actually several sample files in the /product or /category directory. Also the upload file section seems a bit strange to me without a UPLOAD button. There is also some message at the bottom giving the pass to the media directory and saying Writeble

/home/content/13/7428813/html/mykanzashi/images/stories/virtuemart/category/ :: Writeable
/home/content/13/7428813/html/mykanzashi/images/stories/virtuemart/category/resized/ :: Writeable

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there something wrong with directory permissions. I have a couple of domains hosted at one account, and I am building the store on the domain which is not primary domain for this hosting account... Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance and all comments are much appreciated.

lacrim

wow, I had to register on the forum and post my question for my brains to finally unblock and let me understand that I have to hit SAVE button at the very top of VW window in order to upload the file.... stupid me...

ravenn

Well I must be equally stupid - I am still having this problem.... what exactly did you have to save before you could upload the image? I choose the file but never get the option to upload it.

ravenn

bah! something about posting your question on a forum makes things work. Thank you and never mind.... it's working. It just took a while to refresh.

AngelinaC

I have this same problem, saving does not save an image I've tried to upload from local computer.  There used to be a button to complete the upload.  ??  (can't upload and save new image for shop ID (to replace the LaTienda image in shop  or any images for products from local computer. )
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

lipes

AngelinaC: from VM1 to VM2 we now have (every time that we need) to click in the upload "radio" box ...

I've already  reported that here (IMAGE 1):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99052.0

if someone understand javascript could send that to any VM developer member to they adapt that and solve this litle and useful problem..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25