News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do you remove the parent name from child list?

Started by spyderwebdesign, June 14, 2012, 03:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

Does anyone know how to remove the parent name from the drop down list that shows the children products when using generic child variants?

My children are size. I would like the drop down to stay, Choose as Size instead of showing the parent product.

dsrpmedia

that used to be sooo easy to do in VM 1.1 - you would just set the parent price to "0.00'

now if you do that the child products drop down box disappears - in my opinion a BIG bug

- it is the one remaining thing I have to figure out how to do before I can upgrade my shop from 1.1 to 2.0.+

if anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it

Parsimonious

I tried 2.0.7e and it is removed there. However I don't like the way they did it because you still are defaulted into the parent product which is fine, but it means even though the dropdown shows the first child if you just add to cart you add the parent. Further to this the 1st child is unselectable until you 1st choose something else from the dropdown than you can switch to the 1st child listed. I've already posted it as a bug here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103818.msg345048#msg345048
So it looks like they are working on it, but it's not there yet.

jochem8

Hi OpenGlobal, I really appreciate your work here! Great job. Just wondering: I have my shop almost ready and up until now it works fine. When I replace the default file with your file, will I need to re-enter any products? Sorry for being a newbie.

dsrpmedia

Quote from: jochem8 on June 15, 2012, 19:17:10 PM
Hi OpenGlobal, I really appreciate your work here! Great job. Just wondering: I have my shop almost ready and up until now it works fine. When I replace the default file with your file, will I need to re-enter any products? Sorry for being a newbie.

I think perhaps you are looking for this thread - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103067.0

jochem8

Sorry dsrpmedia. My intention was to reply in that topic but I messed up :-) Thanks for noticing.