News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal New API shows no form for credit card (will solve! sticky!)

Started by hann, August 13, 2011, 07:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hann

Hi all,

I WILL solve this bug soon, so please sticky it. If there's anyone out there who has the solution, please list it here. I will make this thread neat and concise. If no one solves it before I do, I will post the fixes here. Anyone who hits the same problem, please flood this thread with your "me too" messages, get this thread visible.

VirtueMart version: 1.1.9
Payment Method List (backend): Only 1 enabled... PayPal (new API)
Payment Method's Config for "Payment Method Type": Use Payment Processor

Did 2 fixes for existing bug in components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/checkout/get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php ...
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=81620.15

Front-end, checkout page:
Now, the PayPal payment method radio button shows. There is no form to enter any credit card details. This seems like a bug. If I click the "Next" button, the systems breaks with message "Error: Credit Card Type not found".

UPDATE: Ok, guess I'm not fixing this yet. Seems this "PayPal (new api)" concerns Express Checkout only (users with pre-existing PayPal accounts). Please let me know if I'm wrong. Meantime, I'm revamping the "PayPal (Legacy)" payment method. Don't let that fool you, that method is by no means "legacy (old)". It's the standard "free" payment option from PayPal that so many people use: Website Payments Standard (PayPal product name). Gosh, this whole PayPal payment thing in VirtueMart is SO confusing.

aneuschitzer

I use Virtuemart to sell my time tracking tool: The One Click Wonder at https://www.one-click-wonder.net

bmango

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem. My Paypal checkout is working but it is not giving the option to pay by credit card on the Paypal page. I have done some research and some people have suggested changing the pending transaction status to "confirmed" (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58425.msg191724#msg191724), but this hasn't made any difference to me. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I'm using VirtueMart 1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5.23.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

randgleather

This is what worked for me in vm 1.1.8 .  It doesn't default to the direct credit card entry, but it does make it available without logging into a paypal acct.

in administrator/components/com_virutemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php

around line 1541 find the entry that reads
   $nvpstr .=
                  "&AMT=$amt"
                  ."&TAXAMT=$taxamt"
                  ."&SHIPPINGAMT=$shippingamt";

and add these two lines so that it now reads
   $nvpstr .=
                  "&AMT=$amt"
                  ."&TAXAMT=$taxamt"
                  ."&SHIPPINGAMT=$shippingamt"
                  ."&SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole"
                  ."&LANDINGPAGE=Billing";

I also had to log into paypal and change one setting

Login and click "Profile"
then scroll down and click "Website payments preferences"
Scroll down "PayPal Account Optional"
Change this to "On"

mieren

Boy, this is a tough one.
I too am unable to get the credit card form to come up in PayPal when using this module.
Also, my flat rate shipping (which I've set in both PayPal and VirtueMart trying to get at least one of them to kick in) does not add to the total or show itself anywhere.
Perhaps that will solve itself if I can get the transaction to happen in PayPal?

Anyone have any further clues on all this?

Thanks,
Mieren