News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Credit card no option when testing with business sandbox account?

Started by derebo, July 26, 2009, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derebo

Hello,

For testing purposes, I have set up a buyer and seller Paypal sandbox accounts.
PayPal payment email: seller_1345525067_biz@yahoo.com

When making a test by buying a product customer details are firstly entered (I have set though No account creation setting but these details are required for processing, invoicing purposes; the customer details I enter are all made up and not related to the sandbox buyer account) and then VirtueMart redirects to paypal.com However, once there the only available option is sign up/sign in on paypal, no credit card option at all.

Maybe this has to do with the fact that I have set a sandbox business account? Maybe the VirtueMart paypal script should be redirected somehow to sandbox.paypal.com instead of paypal.com?

Please, provide any piece of advice.

My settings are:
Joomla 1.5.13
VirtueMart 1.1.3
Paypal payment method active
Payment class name ps_paypal
Payment method type:HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)
PayPal payment email: seller_1345525067_biz@yahoo.com (this is the business sanbox account)
Accept only verified buyers? No
User Registration Settings:User Registration Type: No account creation

I must acknowledge VirtueMart successfully records the order and emails the customer with the order. However, don't you think this might confuse the customer as she might think everything is ok even when paypment processing is not confirmed? Maybe the email should be sent after payment is confirmed. Well, I think maybe that's just a notification from VirtueMart about the order. The payment confirmation email is sent by Paypal.

Thanks!

sleepigrl

Use the sandbox to set up a personal test account as well.  Then you need to change the custom configuration information for PayPal to point to the sandbox (just switch the URL to sandbox.paypal.com).

More info here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0

derebo

hello,

thanks for writing back! i changed the url to:
$url = "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr";
so now that part works ok.
however, when the sandbox page is displayed, no info about introducing credit card details. after logging in to the sandbox page, same thing, no info about introducing credit card details. so i enter the buyer sandbox account through the home-test accounts menu just a regular paypal personal user. there account details, balance and so on are shown, but there's no way to track how to confirm the payment not by means of a credit card or even the paypal account. so how come such a payment be confirmed?

btw, i can confirm i do have read the virtuemart and paypal manuals. i do tend to thoroughly read and then test...

thanks again!

Pedro5anchez

Hi,
This is my first post.  As far as I can tell from my testing, you can only match your PayPal transactions by the order number from VM. In Sandbox, after logging into the Biz account, view transaction detail the Item Title is the VM order number.  It is probably a good idea VM does not handle any credit card details due to security anyway.  If in case your site gets hacked your clients' credit card details will be compromised.  By simply matching name and order number only Pay Pal  will carry all sensitive info like credit card numbers.  The seller will have to do a little work it seems.
Cheers
Pedro

derebo

well, it's seems i've solved the problem. just as soeren points out:
QuoteIMPORTANT: PayPal seems to return "Pending" very often, although the payment will be no problem. A further investigation, why the payment is still pending is not made at this time (we'll have to improve the paypal notify script to check that).
in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0 the problem seems to lie in the way Order Status for Pending Payments is configured. I used to set it to Pending and I never got the chance to have the casual buyer to key in credit card details or even the the card details purchase option. Once I changed the setting to Confirmed it all went allright. Now, any buyer will see the credit card details option and follow that path or open a Paypal account. So that solves the problem.

all the testint took place in paypal sandbox. seller account was a paypal sandbox seller account and payment extra info was set to
Quote$url = "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr";
casual buyer did not have paypal sandbox account at all.

Now, I still do not know/have not figured out what the consequences are of setting every pending payment to confirmed by default...