News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Which Payment Gateway?

Started by mondomota, September 22, 2006, 17:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondomota

Hi,

I have the feeling this post will open up a can of worms but here goes:

I have a client who is likely to want to take payment via her site in a more 'professional looking' way than being transferred to the Paypal site to complete the transaction.

ie She wants customers to be able to complete the transaction within the realms of the VirtueMart/Joomla site.

I've only ever created sites using the simple but effective Paypal solution and now have to step it up a gear.

Looking through this forum it seems that there's no easy answer as to which gateway to use (I hear a lot about Verisign and Authorize.net) and I have no experience whatsoever of merchant accounts.

So I'm hoping that someone will say to me, "Hey, just get her a Verisign account and it's as easy as pie" but I think I may be dreaming!

So can anyone tell me the simplest way to get going with this. If it makes any odds, this is for a UK based business.

Hoping for some good news!

LongBranchAssociates

Authorize.net is straightforward to implement for Visa/Mastercard/Discover/AMEX and less hassle than PayPal Pro v 4 where we have always been unsuccessful with AMEX

The most difficult part is getting Merchant approvals from Visa/MasterCard/Discover and AMEX
lba-tech.com::VirtueMart eCommerce Online Stores for Small and Medium size businesses

mizanation

i'm having problems with paypal website payments pro (not able to process amex).

if i can't fix these soon, i will have to switch to authorize.net which i am not looking forward to.