News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[solved]Continue Checkout Button missing

Started by gibbon, January 10, 2014, 13:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbon

Hi,

I'm running Virtuemart version 2.0.26c. It was working fine but then all of a sudden the continue checkout button just disappeared from the cart and users can no longer checkout.  I have tried a number of templates and it doesn't appear on any of them so it has to be a problem with Virtuemart. It was working fine and the button was there when first installed. Has anyone experienced this before and does anyone know how to fix it? I have attached a screen shot to show that the button is missing from the right hand side.

I have already tried updating to the latest version of virtuemart as well as reinstalling it with no luck.

any help would be fab.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Looks like a problem with your Joomla template which is using overrides for VirtueMart display. The overrides were most likely written for an old VM version and  need updating for the current version. Ask your template supplier.

You could also check with Firebug to see if the checkout button code is actually there and prevented from display by css.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116620.0

VM2.0.26d had just been released to fix an issue with pagination that was found in 26c.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gibbon

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I spoke to my template provide but they said as the issue still exists when using other themes such as beez, its a virtuemart problem.

"As long as problem exist with Beez I can't help you because VirtueMart is beyond our support like other 3rd party extensions"

Thanks for the help.

jenkinhill

What happens after you have selected the shipping method?     And post a url so it can be seen.

Did you switch to beez template to see if the button is present there?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gibbon

Hi,

Nothing happens when you select a shipping method.

I have switched to beez and the button isnt present, ive attached a screen shot.

you can see the link here:

http://youngbull.co.uk/index.php/component/virtuemart/cart?Itemid=0

Thanks again for the help, hopefully get it fixed :)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

The problem is with your TOS which seems to have been simply copied and pasted from Word!!! The final part of the TOS contains an unclosed <span> tag which is stopping the checkout button from showing - see the last bit of the junkcode here - and the compromised button code:

<li style="list-style-type: decimal; font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; margin-left: -94px;" dir="ltr">
<p style="line-height: 1; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 6pt; text-align: justify;" dir="ltr"><span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; w </div>
</div>

<a name="checkout" class="vm-button-correct" href="javascript:document.checkoutForm.submit();" ><span>Check Out Now</span></a> </div>
    </label>

Fix the TOS and it should work OK.

And I see you have hidden links just below the checkout code, hidden by <div style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: -8000px;">   I'd get rid of those unless you want to be blacklisted by Google.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

gibbon

Het thank you so much for your help!

whats the ftp location/line I can find that code? And if i close the <span> tag it will work? (sorry I'm quite new to this and still learning)

Also, I haven't added any hidden links, I want integrate with google not be black listed! I shall remove the links! Thanks for noticing and thanks for all your help!

Andy

jenkinhill

Just delete the current TOS and replace with a plain text version - eg paste from Word into a plain text editor to remove all the junk formatting code. I use NoteTab Pro but Notepad will work, then copy and paste from there into the TOS editor window. Never ever copy from Word or similar WPs and expect to use it on a website without sanitizing.

The links, since one is to a Russian site, are the sort of thing you get when using templates or modules from "free download" websites. You will probably find the link code is in base64 or similar to conceal it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

gibbon

Hi,

Thanks for this.

I cant delete the TOS in the backend in Virtuemart as it crashes every time I go into the shop section and i have to close the browser and start again. I presume this will fix after the current TOS has been deleted.

Is there a way to delete the TOS using FTP? where about would it be?

Thanks for your help and advice so far!

jenkinhill

You will have to remove it from the database using phpMyAdmin. The TOS is stored in ###virtuemart_vendors_en_gb
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

gibbon

Hi,

I emptied the databse table and that got the button back. THANK YOU!

Finally;

When you said "And I see you have hidden links just below the checkout code, hidden by <div style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: -8000px;">   I'd get rid of those unless you want to be blacklisted by Google."

Where about can i find this sheet in ftp? I will remove it immediately.

Thank you so much for all your help!  ;D

jenkinhill

Have a look at the files of any template,component, module or plugin that you got from what might have been dubious source. The most times something like this pops up it is template related. Whoever put the code in relies on the limited ability of the user to notice and locate the source code.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK