News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Remove variants (custom fields) from Featured Products module.

Started by syntalk, April 12, 2013, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syntalk

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the variants/custom fields form the products displayed in the Featured Product module? It's just for the aesthetic reasons as they are reorganize whole view on my site.
VM 2.0.18c
J 2.5.9

Many thanks

K&K media production

make a template override for the module and remove the field output

or use css and set the fields to display: none

syntalk

Thank you,
Quote from: kkmediaproduction on April 12, 2013, 18:22:40 PM
or use css and set the fields to display: none
Yes, this did the job, however I've hanged this in /modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php - is this correct? BTW can I make an override for this file?

Thanks again

K&K media production

No, don't change this file, because the changes will be lost with next update. Make the changes on the tmpl file with an override or put the css in your template css file.

syntalk

Thanks for this mate. Will get this sorted out with css then.

arturmuse200

syntalk

Quote from: arturmuse200 on December 21, 2014, 15:32:35 PM
Hi, could you please tell me please how do this changes?

Hi , sorry but I wasn't looking at this forum for months. Do you still need a help?

ichorvapors

Bump on this post. I don't want to remove it specifically from the featured section, but from the various category views that aren't directly on the product page itself.

jenkinhill

So unrelated to the above old thread......  and not specific to modules....... and you give no versions....  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128401.0

Assuming VM3.0.12 and default templates just deselect "Show product customfields in browse views" in VM Configuration/Shopfront/Product Listing
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum