Issue with shipment, billing and payment details

Started by Hakeem, December 04, 2012, 13:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakeem

Hi,

My website is a reservation website where the user will reserve online & collect from the shop. I dont need to have a shipment details, billing details and payment details.

Is there anyway I can de-activate the shipment, billing and payment details in the admin section for the shopping cart and check-out option?

Thanks in advance

Hakeem

Reading from other post and forums, i realise that what i need is a Purchase Order payment in Virtual Mart.

However, Virtual Mart 2.0 does not have the options for Purchase Order.

Can anyone please point me in the direction on how to do this please?

Hakeem

All i want is just when a user clicks on confirm purchase, the next page should be an order confirmation page followed by an email / pdf invoice to the customer and the Admin informing them of the order been place.

See image for example.

Thanks in advance

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

In order to do this you must remember that the shopper does have to register on the site (in real or as guest) for the order to be created.

I do this in a few steps.

1. in Configuration/Shopper fields I deselect Required for all the elements I do not need, and also unpublish them. I leave first & last name & telephone number active, together with the locked Joomla elements at the bottom of the list. (For those requiring purchase order with a deivery address you could leave all fields intact)

2. I create a single Payment Method based on Standard, and call it (for example) Purchase order, make sure it is Published  and save it.

3. I create a single shipping method, call it (eg) Collect from store, publish and save it.  For shipping and payment I make no other edits to the setup.

4. On Configuration checkout I check Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?  and  Enable Automatic Selected Payment?

This will then work for the shopper, who does not have to select a payment or shipping method and is only asked for minimal details, enough to identify and contact them.

When setting something like this you need to edit some of the language strings (using overrides) to make it more obious what is happening, and remove such as "Only in case shipment address is different from billing address,
click »Add/Edit shipment address« button below" and "Ship to" etc.

I also usually make template overrides for the store so the layout & style is to my satisfaction.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hakeem

Hi Jenkill,

Thanks so much for your help. This is the best contributions I have received.

Certainly everything you have said surely have help.

Please, what template and what code will I override to remove stuffs like "Only in case shipment address is different from billing address, click »Add/Edit shipment address« button below" and "Ship to" etc.

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Those strings are changed using language overrides. If you need basic information on that see http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/translating-and-modifying-joomlas-language-files-using-language-overrides/

Templates that you may need to alter to change layout/style using template overrides are all in  joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/ - information available on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Hints_for_the_use_of_the_template_system
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hakeem

Hi jenkinhill,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It has been really helpful.

Would there be any forum you can recommend which has the hacked code / template.

All i just want to do be remove / Disable Ship to in the VM Registration and the Ship to in the Cart.

See attached image.

Thanks in advance

[attachment cleanup by admin]