News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Field Options not appearing when adding new product (Backend)

Started by brentonking, November 07, 2012, 01:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentonking

This seems like a weird one, not sure if anyone else has experienced the same. Adding 'Custom Field' options in backend used to work fine, not sure what happened to create this issue.

I create a new product in VM and go to the 'Custom Fields' tab, when I select an option from the 'custom field type' drop down no options appear in the list under, like they usually do.
In this case I am trying to add downloadable pdfs. I have tried some of the basic custom fields aswell, but no options appear in the list. (see attachment for visual)

However the items that already exist have the existing custom field options (from when it was all working) appearing and I can change the downloable pdf. But I can't add any new custom field options to existing products.

In the meantime I have just been cloning items and then changing the details. Slight work around, but it does seem to create product image sharing issues between the original product and the new clone product and I can't keep doing it sanely.

This was happening in VM 2.0.2 and is still happening now upgraded to 2.0.12f. I'm not 100% sure at what point this issue started to occur, but it may have been our client updating the AIO before VM Component. Or perhaps a Joomla update.
Current System is J1.5.26

[attachment cleanup by admin]

developingjoomla

Hi,

Did you manage to find a solution to this issue?

I'm having the exact same problem, was able to add custom fields to products last night, but for some reason today it does not let me. I can see the list of custom fields in the dropdown, but whenever i click on one it does not load it into the table below.

I can create new custom fields, but cannot add any of them to a product.

Anyone else experienced this or could suggest a fix?

Using Virtuemart 2.0.18a and J2.5

Thanks

Andy

developingjoomla

:)
Found the issue, i was getting the following error when trying to add a custom field type to the product:
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined method JDocumentJSON::addCustomTag() in <b>/home/xline/public_html/new/plugins/system/woopraanalytics/woopraanalytics.php</b> on line <b>48</b><br />

This was being caused by a woopra analytics plugin i had just installed called woopraanalytics.

Have now uninstalled that, and im able to add custom fields to products again.

pixelamb

I am also having this problem.
Migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
using PHP 5.4.4  &  Joomla 2.5.11  &  Virtuemart 2.0.22a

I can create a Custom Field, It shows in the drop down list in the product Cutom Fields Tab,
when I select the item, it does not bring up the properties.

Maxim Pishnyak

What official tutorials did you read about working with custom fields?

Also there are some videos about custom fields in my signature.

Are you sure that you haven't 3rd party extensions been active in backend? It could be conflict between them and VM stuff.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

en jie rudd

Hi there,

Have you found a solution for the following question at all? I am having exact the same issue. An answer will be much appreciated.

I am also having this problem.
Migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
using PHP 5.4.4  &  Joomla 2.5.11  &  Virtuemart 2.0.22a

I can create a Custom Field, It shows in the drop down list in the product Cutom Fields Tab,
when I select the item, it does not bring up the properties.

best regards

En Jie

balai

The most common cause for this issue is that a custom plugin returns an error.

Try disabling some of your custom plugins to find which one generates the error.

Alternatively you can check your php log

en jie rudd

Hi Balai

Thank you very much for the replay.

I however have many active custom plugins, not sure which ones to disable first? Tried to look into error log, did not provide much clue either. Any suggestions which plugins are more likely to generate this error?

Kind regards

En Jie