News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

virtuemart 2.0.12 registration form tos and state validation

Started by gaye2, October 13, 2012, 12:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaye2

Hi,
on VM registration form State and TOS ( I agree to the Terms of Service) fields don't get validated! User can register without agreeing to the Terms of Service and without choosing a state... (Although they are both required on configuration)

Is there a way to get them validated?

Thanks

Virtuemart 2.0.12b
Joomla 2.5.7

K&K media production

Hi

Please look in your userfield configuration, here you can define the required fields.

Regards

gaye2

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on October 13, 2012, 21:13:13 PM
Hi

Please look in your userfield configuration, here you can define the required fields.

Regards

Hi,
They are all required in our userfield configuration...

There are smilar topics but I couldn't find the solution...
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99474.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=72376.0

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lipes

VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

randomdev

I have the same problem with vm 2.0.6, has this bug been in all versions from 2.0.6 ?

winzor

remeedella

Is there no solution?

I thought I solved this a long time ago on a different website and now its back on a different newer version of virtuemart. Simply put,
newest virtuemart, newest joomla 2.5

Must be registered to checkout checked, must agree to terms to checkout checked..

Users can checkout regardless, the only thing I`ve done just recently is hide the TOS view in account maintenance page. This is not the underlying cause.

phobophil

Hey Ho,

Yes, in january users had to confirm TOS checkbox during checkout, also in my shop. Now it's broken. I don't know if it is my fault or due an update. It seems that only anonymous users have to check the box. In full registration mode the checkbox is checked and validated by default. But why?

There are two new releases out now Release 2.0.18b & Release 2.0.18c. I`am afraid of updating VM Release 2.0.18a because of all changes I made, but It would be nice to know whether TOS is working again, and because of some improvements like "- moved TOS to top of check in cart".

waiting patently for comments
phobophil

ericong.kc

Yes having the same problem too in VM2 registration form
also there should be a link for user to click to display the terms of service right? anyone knows how to add that?

jenkinhill

I make agree to TOS compulsory on each purchase using J2.5.9/VM2.0.18+ like this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112563.msg378680#msg378680

I have my own TOS in a Joomla article and post the link for that inside the TOS display div (id="full-tos") of  components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.php  and use the edited template as an override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum