News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Force uses to accept terms & conditions

Started by ukfish1, January 30, 2013, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

Currently, users can log out without checking the "agree to terms and services" box and can register a new account without checking the terms and conditions box.

In the config I have "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?" and "Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?" both checked and the "I agree to the Terms of Service" shopper field is required (as set by default).

Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

Hope you can help
Paul

ukfish1

jenkinhill

This is how I deal with it.

Firstly the TOS userfield is a protected/locked Joomla field, as TOS is included in J2.5's userfields (see the User Profile Joomla plugin), so this field needs to be unlocked to edit it. For how to do this see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666

On the Shopper Field List I then disable all fields except  "Required" and "Published" on the agreed ( I agree to the Terms of Service ) line, so there are just the two green ticks.

This removes the "I agree to the Terms of Service" tickbox from the initial shopper registration form, thus forcing the requirement to agree to terms each time at checkout when "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?" and "Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?" are both checked.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ukfish1