News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom fields quantity check

Started by antonitus, May 29, 2012, 20:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonitus

Can anyone tell me how I can add quantity of goods in custom fields.

For example, if I sell a T-Shirt that has custom fields set as the following:

Color:  Black
Color: Grey

Size: S (5 x Black in Small size)
Size: M (5 x Black in Medium size)
Size: L (5 x Black in Large size)
------------------------------------------
Size: S (5 x Grey in Small size)
Size: M (5 x Grey  in Medium size)
Size: L (5 x Grey in Large size)

The total T-Shirt quantities I need to set here is 30 in total, however if orders for the 'Small Black' T-Shirt have been sold out and there are still 25 of the other remaining T-Shirts and someone purchases the 'Small Black' T-Shirt, they will still get the order even though the 'Small Black' T-Shirt is no longer available.  Is there a plugin for this or do I need to do anything to the options in VM2 to control this.  Has anyone come across this and got it to work?
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

Any ideas on how to tackle this? Has anybody come across this issue.
Thanks
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

John2400

antonitus,

This question is very similar to threads in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.15

Really the idea is that you have child products - eg a  T shirt and then the options of small, medium, large and they have certain quantites that are set.  They should work as you say.

So if a child is sold out then the others will continue to appear on the drop down option.

Really your question is has anyone done this perfectly.?  This is not an option I use but the forum above is full of those who strive to perfect this option.   My answer would be do one first , set the number of items to 1 or two and test away.  And read the forum- it is long but questions and answers do appear.

mowgs

Hi Antonitus,

There are people hopefully working on fixing the Stockable Variants Plug-in, and eventually this should do what you are asking.

At the moment however, it is riddled with bugs, and the inventory function doesnt work, etc, etc.

The best workaround so far seems to be to have each colour as a seperate product, and have the sizes as the children of that product.  (Using a 'Generic Child Variant' Custom Field)

i.e

Parent:  Black T-Shirt
Children:  Black T-shirt S, Black Tshirt M, Black T-shirt L

Parent: Grey T-Shirt
Children: Grey T-Shirt S, Grey T-Shirt M, Grey T-Shirt L

Its not great, but does seem to at least work for the moment, for a small number of sizes and colours anyway. 

antonitus

Thanks John2400 and mowgs, however I couldn't get this to work.  It doesn't really make sense and the logic is all over the place.  I will have to take a look at the link John2400 included in his thread and see what I can do with it, but in the meantime I won't be using it this way.  Like mowgs said, "riddled with bugs, and the inventory function doesnt work, etc, etc."
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16