News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multi lingual product description and Youtube embed

Started by Lorrein, March 21, 2012, 11:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorrein

Hi,

I'm upgrading my site from joomla 1.5 to 2.7 and still working under jupgrade.
I have 2 languages on my site and I'm trying to create a product desciption for each language. The way to do this is confusing because you first have to go to the product information tab to switch the language and then go to the description tab. It would be better to have a language switcher under the desciption tab.
Could you add that?

Further when I toggle the editor it seems like the language is not set anymore when toggled back. Im trying to embed a Youtube video for eache language but due to the toggling issue it seems I can only set a video for the default language

How can I embed a YT vid for each language?

Thanks mates. Good job.

My specs:
Joomla! 2.5.3
VM: 2.0.2 (latest)
WAMP
PHP Built On    Windows NT DESKTOP 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 Business Edition Service Pack 1) AMD64
Database Version    5.5.20-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.10
Web Server    Apache/2.2.21 (Win64) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0g PHP/5.3.10
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.3 Stable [ Ember ] 15-March-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11

Lorrein

Hi,

I just installed the 2.03G files. I narrowed the problem to the save action. When you click the save button after editing the product description, the flages disappear and the change is not saved. I guess the save action off productdescription should be checked with multilingual.

Lorrein

SOlved the problem. In shop config. you have the select which languages are part of the multi lingual site. The languages available are the VM languagues that are additionaly installed.