Can someone explain the need settings for "Guest Checkout" & "registered Chckout

Started by Otto0815, March 19, 2012, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi there,

found a lot of threads about this topic, but no one seems to be able to explain, what exact settings in joomla & virtuemart are needed for a "Guest Checkout" & "Registered Checkout"

When i've done a fresh install of Virtue 2.03 & joomla 2.5 i was able to choose in the cart if i want to checkout as Guest or if i want to register me...

Since i've done some work on my site i'm no longer able to do this....

If i click anything, there always a message "You need to login first"

My settings in Joomla:

User - Options: Registration allowed = yes ; Account activation: None
Joomla Plug-ins: Authentification Joomla: Activated

Virtuemart-Configuration: Ask for Registration at checkout: Yes    ; Activation needet: No

So, where's the Problem?

Otto0815

Ok,  I found the Solution.....

If you add an Menu for "Virtuemart Account Maintanance", you have to set it to "Public"...

So, but you don't have to do this in the "Module Settings" where you have published this menu, cause this doesn't work..

You have to do this in the settings into the menu direcly......then it works

Now you can select "Checkout as Guest" again....

jendrow

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I have been looking for days for a solution to my problem of not being able to "check out as guest". And this was the key!

gcoulter

Great, thanks for posting this.
I couldn't work out why my checkout process had changed and would have never had thought it was because of adding this as a registered menu.
Graham Coulter
Ireland

tblueweb

Me too.. struggling with that problem all afternoon. seems quite bizarre. but then VM2 seem to have a lot of those strange connections.
__
True Blue Web Property Development
http://www.tblueweb.com

Scott799

I'm must be the slow-one in the classroom here -  Could someone take me through these steps to fix?  I didn't follow it from this post (create a menu item? virtuemart account maintenance set to public?) VM 2.12b, J1.7 and Gavick Template

I'm not able to see the guest checkout, it used to be there then went away after updates.  Also, I had to disable vm_standard payment option - it was broken (I can send the error if that's where the guest checkout resides). 

I do have a fully functioning paypal checkout, but that goes to the paypal site (have account, or no paypal acct checkout).  I would like shoppers to be able to SEE that they can checkout with paypal option OR checkout through a credit card.  Hope I'm making sense, if not will try to clarify.

Please take me step by step on direction, I'm not a vm expert or a programmer... Thanks!

bytelord

Hello,

The best will be to upgrade your joomla to 2.5.8 and vm to 2.0.14. Then your should update your template files from gavick.com web site or ask them help if you need to update them.
To ensure that the problem is not on your template overrides please first try without template overrides, otherwise you could try to update your template files:
http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Scott799

Thanks bytelord - ended up a bit busy on some interviews so delayed on this reply, I'll set some time aside soon and follow the suggestions and report back.  Thanks again, have a good weekend!

lofman

This doesn't work for me. I have joomla 2.5.8 virtuemart 2.0.16. I have a registration link in menu that points to account maintanace. Menu i set to public and module is also set to public.
Still when trying to make guest checkout it doesnt work. When user enter all information to form, address etc. and press continue virtuemart clears the form and asks for them again. No error message.

I have made some modification to css and moved it to my template folder. Same have I done to Category list and product detail page. These is done with overrides.
Can overrides mes things up so checkout does not work? When user register Checkout works fine, but registration dont work at shoping cart.