News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM Update deletes rows in tables

Started by franzpeter, March 15, 2012, 14:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franzpeter

Did install the 2.0.3c by updating with joomla installer. Same thing happens with the akeeba updating. I had added a few additional rows in virtuemart_cateogories table and virtuemart_products table before the update. After the update those entries were deleted. Is it because of the beta status or does every VM Update will delete in the same way. I think it should be possible to update necessary rows, which need an update, instead of deleting and reinstall. The update should not care about additional entries someone does and delete everything except of the standard table entries.

Milbo

I added a new config setting
VmConfig::get('upDelCols',1)

When you want to use it in your case, you must just delete the config in the db before you do the update and add the entry in your virtuemart.cfg
upDelCols = 0

of course you should also enter all your configurations settings there. The virtuemart.cfg file in BE is only read when there is no db entry. It wont be overwritten!
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member