News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field "Hidden" ?

Started by balai, March 09, 2012, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balai

Hi

When i set a custom field to "Hidden" there is no any effect in the FE. The custom fields are displayed nornally.

Am i missing something or it is a bug?

VM2.0.2 Stable

Otto0815

Would like to know this, too..

I want to use the custumfields for product data that should only be relevant for the database (calcfaktors, manufakturer sku,)

Otto0815

Anything new on this problem?

osp

Override your default_customfields template, then you can use simple test in your template.
We will consider if patch core template...

foreach ($this->product->customfieldsSorted[$this->position] as $field) {
if ($field->display) {
   if ( $field->is_hidden == "1" )
     continue;

Otto0815

Robert_ITMan

Please help me make sense of this. I see a reference to this article in the current file components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_customfields.php (line 27 if ( $field->is_hidden ) //OSP http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99320.0) and yet it still does not hide the field. I tried this and I also copied this file to my template as templates\(my template)/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_customfields.php and I'm making changes here and it does nothing. I think this file is never called. I see in my default template file ( templates\(my template)/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php ) a call to echo $this->loadTemplate('customfields'); which works but I can't figure it out yet. Where do we change the fields if not in 'customfields' which should be the default_customfields.php file - does any one get this? If so please reply!
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

I never did figure out the validation and with so many other problems with the custom fields that come with VM2 I decided to use BreezingForms & VM Custom Fields - and I'm very happy with the results.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

To follow up on this I posted a new topic 'VM2 Custom Fields Integration - IT WORKS!' here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120445.0
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Kecak

Hello to everyone. The customfields display located in default_addtocart.php template file. Start at 34 line.  ;)