News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cart is always empty VM2.0.2 under Joomla 2.5x but not 1.7.5

Started by Kupernikuz, March 06, 2012, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revampnet

Not sure if your reply is to me.  I do not use, nor do I know what SWMENUFREE is.

Still need help.

Thanks.

revampnet

Kupernikuz

To all...The way that I solved the problem was, to get the users to upgrade their browsers and their java, and get Java Runtime Environment...
But still only some browsers worked.

I therefor disabled the "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' " in the configuration:
Go to "Virtuemart" under the "Components" menu
Choose "Configuration" under the "Configuration" menu on the left side.
Choose the Tab "Cart"
The first line "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' ", uncheck it, and now - best of all - close your browser and open it again, and go to your shop and test.
It worked for me, with for now 4 different shops.

Regards
Kupernikuz

spendy

Please guys, i am having the same problem! :( It just drives me nuts...

I don't have a swfreemenu installed, but when adding some products to cart, the cart remains empty.  My VM Settings are: Using the VirtueMart Query - Disabled, the rest of the settings regarding query (including Use External Google JQuery Library) are Enabled.

The cache settings are: OFF - Caching Disabled.

The url is :  http://brennholz-at-home.com/    Do you see any solution for me? You would be lifesavers!!

Thanks!
Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.6

Kupernikuz

Quote from: spendy on June 13, 2012, 16:18:39 PM
Please guys, i am having the same problem! :( It just drives me nuts...

I don't have a swfreemenu installed, but when adding some products to cart, the cart remains empty.  My VM Settings are: Using the VirtueMart Query - Disabled, the rest of the settings regarding query (including Use External Google JQuery Library) are Enabled.

The cache settings are: OFF - Caching Disabled.

The url is :  http://brennholz-at-home.com/    Do you see any solution for me? You would be lifesavers!!

Thanks!

Did you try disabeling the modal popup? I described the way doing that just above your post yesterday, and that worked for me, in 4 different stores online.

Regards
Kupernikuz

spendy

Kupernikuz, many thanks for your reply ! Now, i might be a complete idiot, but i'm having Virtuemart 2.0.0 RC3 and don't find the "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' " option and i've searched millions of times!
As far as i understood, i must migrate to VM 2.0.6 to have these options enabled and this is actually what i am doing right now.

Fingers crossed so i don't lose any information on the process and hopefully fix the Cart empty issue...!!

Thanks!
Sandra
Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.6

Kupernikuz

Quote from: spendy on June 14, 2012, 12:39:46 PM

As far as i understood, i must migrate to VM 2.0.6 to have these options enabled and this is actually what i am doing right now.

Ahhh, ok. Yes, you have to upgrade to 2.0.6, and then maybe the problem with the empty cart will be solved, and if not, the try follow my tip.  :D

spendy

Heey, i did it! Works like a charm now, the migration to VM 2.0.6 (which nevertheless it was like sending a rocket on the moon for a heart fainter like me) solved the Cart Empty problem.

I didn't check or uncheck any of the options regarding jQuerry, nor the Cache details, it just worked.

However, i must say 1 annoying thing is happening now: The checkout process continues absolutely fine, until the Checkout Step 4: Order Confirmation. Although all the details are introduced, it appears the message:

"Couldn't create order
        No order created"

Does someone encounter this problem? VM 2.0.6 and Joomla 1.7

Thanks,

Sandra

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.6

Kupernikuz

QuoteThe checkout process continues absolutely fine, until the Checkout Step 4: Order Confirmation. Although all the details are introduced, it appears the message:

"Couldn't create order
        No order created"

Does someone encounter this problem? VM 2.0.6 and Joomla 1.7

Now, that is another problem, and should be posted in another thread.

freshfranky

I tried all what you guys did but its not working at all. I have virtuemart 2.0.8e. Spending the whole Saturday but still not solved. No clue anymore. Tried to disable jquery, disabeling the modal popup etc. what can I do?

www.xexun.ch/joomla

try to add a product to the card and, empty

kona333

I had this problem with a website. I turned off everything in VM2 under config regarding plugins and modal, disabled every single plugin and module in the website, changed templates. Nothing fixed it.

Turns out it was the address I was using. I had the website setup using a parked domain and also it's main domain. For some reason the parked domain just stopped working properly. Don't know why - but it was only a testing domain anyway so I didn't need to fix it.