News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Issue when back-end / front-end language differs [en-GB] Vs [en-US]

Started by estruct, March 04, 2012, 14:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estruct

I want to report an issue , using J15 and VM2.0.2.

I got both U.S. and Spanish languages for front-end and US british (that is the Joomla default language for back-end as US for back-end doesn't exist) and Spanish for back-end.
Short Reminder of the problem: I want my Categories to display differently in both languages US and Spanish
- I don't really mind about en-GB because I will not use it ...
Its' not possible in VirtueMart to define U.S as possible language as it not seen by VM.
I guess it is because it has no back-end definition !

Let me know if one of you has experienced the same issue and maybe some trick to share ...

So I can't turn my categories / products on ... this is a mess and must be solved.
Picture here:
http://flic.kr/p/bnqBzw

estruct

Humm Back again after fighting two hours but solved my concern and finally understood the philosophy ... of the VM User Interface ... but maybe difficult to explain:

In fact the default user language is the really one used by VM ... I mean en-US
but it is confusing when in my case there is no such back-end language: the language menu does not reflect the real default..
when I edit the VM category it is displayed "English (United Kingdown)"  in the drop-down menu 
while the category is good saved in:         
vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_us
that's why it's confusing...

I know it's not very clear ... but in any case..
Hope this help someone..

jjk

That's because we currently don't have a VM2 en-US language pack. (The Americans didn't complain about the british flag yet  ;D ) You may take the language pack attached to this post, unzip it and copy the language folders containing the language files over your Joomla1.5.x root directory. The files are the current en-GB files just renamed to en-US. Then you should be able to select en-US in VM2 configuration. The zip file is installable in J1.7.x/J2.5.x, but you can't use the Joomla installer to copy the en-US files, because the provided xml file is for these newer versions of Joomla only.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

estruct

Thanks for your help.. I will try and let you know.  :o
Don't be mistaken! Americans already complain... that why I have installed en-US .. otherwise I won't change it.

jjk

Quote from: estruct on March 05, 2012, 21:43:28 PM
Don't be mistaken! Americans already complain... that why I have installed en-US .. otherwise I won't change it.
Ok - I suppose you are talking of US-customers who visit your shop, while I was thinking of our american VM2 developers and testers  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations