News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User not confirmed but order accepted

Started by kg, February 29, 2012, 16:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kg

Hi
Got a problem with the checkout:
Orders can be added without registration regardless of settings in Joomla and Virtuemart.

Step by step:
Add an item to cart
Show Cart
Click Check out now button
Add new user data and click Register and checkout
You get transferred to new page with a message saying that registration is completed and an email with activation link is sent.
Mail to admin OK
Mail to new user OK
If the new user do not click acktivation link in the mail and instead just continues where he was and clicks "Check out now" he is taken to next page with message saying "Checkout done, please confirm the order"
He confirms the order and gets the "Thank you for your order!" message.
Confirmation email is sent to user and to admin.
Order is placed and inventory is reduced
The new user is not enabled, nor activated in Joomla user admin.
The new user can not login

But the order is still there and the new customer thinks all is correct. Also the inventory is reduced.

Any ideas how to stop this?

J2.5.1
VM 2.0.2
Fresh install

Settings in Joomla admin: users:
    Allow User Registration: Yes
    New User Registration Group: Registered
    Guest User Group: Public
    New User Account Activation: Self
    Notification Mail to Administrators: Yes
    Captcha: USe Default
    Frontend User Parameters: Hide
    Frontend Language: Hide

Settings in Virtuemart Config:
    Enable Automatic Selected Shipment? Yes   
    Enable Automatic Selected Payment? Yes
    Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER? No
    Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout? Yes
    On checkout, ask for registration: Yes
    Only registered users can checkout: Yes
    Show checkout steps: No
    Show product images: No

Only one shipment and one payment method exists.

Georgios Kolomvos

I have installed Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.2 and i have the same problem when a new user registers in checkout:
The system logs him in after he registers in checkout, although he has not yet confirmed his account.

In the VM Configuration Checkout Settings, i have "On checkout, ask for registration" and "Only registered users can checkout" enabled and in    
the Jooma User Configuration i have the "New User Account Activation" set to "Self" (i noticed that the same happens if "New User Account Activation" is set to "Admin")
It must be a bug i believe.   
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

jenkinhill

If you really want customers to confirm registration before being able to complete their purchase then you must set "Allow User Registration" to No in Joomla user manager options.  This is a good way to lose sales, though.

More on this thread. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96215.msg321091#msg321091
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gxHL

im having the same issue and if i disable the joomla registration when i'm trying to checkout and register joomla gives me this error

"
Error: 403

COM_VIRTUEMART_ACCESS_FORBIDDEN
"
VM 2.0.10 J 2.5.7

bajobongo

I have the same error and problem with users on VM 2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5.4

What's going on?

jenkinhill

Joomla's Allow User Registration must be set to yes.  And I always set New User Account Activation to No as I do not want to require people to have tp respond to a egistration email before they can continue to checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bajobongo

jenkinhill, thanks for your reply. However my page (Joomla, VirtueMart, Forum) shall be visible as one product. Wherever user is registered, then he has one and the same account on Forum, Joomla, and VM. And for each of this part I'd like to have activation link always. It works for Kuena forum and joomla. Problem is on VM only (because another registration mechanism).

Your solution is of course OK if I haven't activation mechanism for VM users. But I need it.

For my settings (Allow user registration and Activation link before register) it doesn't work. Ater VM registration (from checkout), the activation link is send to user and at this time:
1. user is registered, logged in into VM (not to Forum or joomla - why?), however his account is still inactivate
2. user checks email, clicks on activation link and now is no reaction! Why?? User account is still INACTIVE
If user ends your session, by closing browser window or click on Logout, then his account will be never active and he must create another one with the same problem...

Any solution?

patrik60

Quote...as I do not want to require people to have tp respond to a registration email before they can continue to checkout.

And the problem then is, that people can fool around in your shop, make orders with fake emails like adsf@df.com and fake names like asf asf

antonitus

Anybody found a resolution to this issue?  I'm now having issues with activation.  When a user clicks on the activation link, it opens the web page to a URL like this:

Quotehttp://www.somedomainname.com/shop/index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token=53d3f2778edf503526ef4bd6926da906

The email does not get activated and thus re-directs the user to the home page.  Not sure what might be wrong here.  I've allowed user registration in Joomla to be 'self' (i.e. email self activates once an email is sent) and I've allowed an email to be sent as notification to the administrator, this all works, except for activation.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Tom Goedhart

Iv'e got exactly the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

antonitus

Activation does not work, however the buyer who registered at time of purchase, can view their account as it they were logged in. However from Joomla's point of view, no user is logged in.  I understand that buyers who checkout as guest get exactly the same function. I feel this is confusing to people who register, but not to those who checkout as guests.  Also there is no way to log out as if to close the session.  Also I want to register again, so the way I do it is to close down the web page and start another tab to in effect close the session, which is what I believe is controlling this.  Or I can log in as another user, then log out and then register in Joomla, which in turn registers you in VM.

I think I found out why the account is not being activated via email.  As I explained above, I think a sort of session exists and you are kind of logged in without officially being logged in. So when you are in effect in this ghost log in period and you try to activate your account from your email, then I suppose it hits a bottleneck, the script gets confused.  I'm not sure, either Joomla or VM probably already assumes you are logged in.  However as a test, close down your tab (close you web page), re-open it again and now go back to your email and try to activate it. You should now be able to activate your account. So there is a problem here, probably a session issue.  I hope this helps.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Milbo

It seems that the token sent by the email is another then the one of the session. Because we do not have a "virtuemart login". We use for the login the joomla functions.

What happens when you register with the joomla form. I think you are not directly logged in, would not make sense, when the login is set to self. So just go again on any form and check the value of your token. Do you have the right/same token? Maybe the problem is there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Namit

Does anybody know how to solve it?
I have disabled confirmation email for now..  the problem is not resolved. :/

antonitus

QuoteI think I found out why the account is not being activated via email.  As I explained above, I think a sort of session exists and you are kind of logged in without officially being logged in. So when you are in effect in this ghost login period and you try to activate your account from your email, then I suppose it hits a bottleneck, the script gets confused.  I'm not sure, either Joomla or VM probably already assumes you are logged in.  However as a test, close down your tab (close your web page), re-open it again and now go back to your email and try to activate it. You should now be able to activate your account. So there is a problem here, probably a session issue.  I hope this helps.

I can activate an account once I take the above steps.

How do I get the token number?  Do I need to set as debug to find this information?  If it is a token issue then it makes sense as I believe checking out as a guest must create a token as I am able to see my temporary guest account details such as the order without being logged in, I suppose this is how it works for it to work properly in guest mode.

This is what happens on my template whilst I am testing now.  When you register an account during the checkout process, a message comes up as normal about activating account that's if registration is set to self register, which is probably what the majority of people do.  Anyway VM allows you to checkout even before activation and without logging in first, however my template shows a link saying 'My Account' instead of 'Login'.  When I click on the 'My Account' link, it asks me to log in, which is strange but at the same time it makes sense as I did not log in.  I only get the 'My Account' link when I log in (this is purely for my template, other people's template settings will be different).  Now after I finish buying a product, I am able to list orders and go to my maintenance page to see my details and it allows me to edit billing and shipping details too, but not save it.  So my conclusion is, the reason why you can't activate your account from the email is that the login token must be live and either VM assumes or Joomla assumes you are already logged in so no activation is required until you do what I said above in the quote, to activate the account.

Another thing I noticed is that when you are in the 'Maintenance' or 'List Orders' page and you log in with a different account (other than the one you used to purchase the product by registering an account), you are able to see the previous account details, that's if you stay on the 'maintenance' page when you log in.  But when you click on the 'list orders' page, you get the orders from the logged in account, but then again when you click back to the 'maintenance' page it still lists the details of the previous account, now this is strange.  Once I log out, I am able to activate my new account from the activation link in the email message.  The logic may be a little confusing for a lot of people.  This token issue may need to be looked into, maybe it is a Joomla 2.5 issue and not a VM one, or maybe both.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Daniel Sjöstrand

I have the exact same problem as described in first post.

I've created a B2B shop for a company to use for it's distributors. Naturally they want to approve any user before they can place an order.

As it is now when I use Virtuemart registration form is is possible to place an order although user is not aproved, same way as described above

I've solved it temporarily by not using Virtuemart reg form. Instead I use joomla registration. So the customer first has to create an account and then when placing the order will fill in address etc. This works fine but functionality is  is not at all as we would like it to be. I would be so much better if we can user Virtuemart reg form to get all the important information about the company applying for reseller.

Any real solutions would be much appreciated.

Joomla! 2.5.8, VM2.0.14