News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 is not listed in Joomla Components

Started by S-Combs, February 25, 2012, 16:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S-Combs

I don't see anyone else posting this problem.

I have just installed VM2.0.2 (Tried 2.0.0 also) on a clients new Joomla 2.5.1 site.

The install seemed to work fine and no errors were given but, for some reason the VM link isn't listed under Joomla Components or anywhere else in administration. virtuemart-aio is listed but not VirtueMart itself (screenshot attached)...

I can manually link to the component via /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart and see all options but need to make it easier for them to manage.

Any idea why the VirtualMart link is not showing?

Thanks for any help

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

S-Combs

Thanks for replying Kelvyn

I'm not getting any errors during install but do get many uninstalling each time (have to do so manually). I even set additional PHP debugging on Joomla trying to find what is wrong but nothing.... I did initially start with VM 2.0.2 and then tried 2.0.0 followed by upgrading to 2.0.2.

Everything does seem to be working with VM so far when I link to the component (still testing) so I may just add the link manually to the Joomla Component drop down.

jenkinhill

You don't need to unistall in J2.5 - just install the latest component version over the old one.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

S-Combs

Thanks again Kelvyn

I found a resolution to my problem in this thread.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95542.0

It appears that the Title table info is incorrect with the initial install. Running that query fixed the problem after deleting the original input.

Sorry I didn't find it earlier