News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is there an ETA for release of a "2.0.1 Stable"

Started by Allen_K, February 23, 2012, 11:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen_K

We are hesitant to migrate from VM 1.9 to 2.01 until we can confidently migrate our store to VM 2.0.1 stable release, when such is released. With revisions of the 2.0 now reaching to 2.0.1.n as of today(a long way from "a"), and with the fact that Authorize.net was not even supported until version 2.0.1.e, we are still standing by. Virtuemart has been a great solution for us so far through 1.9, and we will continue to keep patience into March. Unfortunately, we are feeling pressure to migrate since VM 1.9 prohibits us from migrating from Joomla 1.5.25, and 1.5 hits end-of-life next month.

Any ETA on a stable production release of 2.0.1?

Thanks!

PRO

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96388.0

you should have been working on your 2.0 site on a development domain, local, or in a folder.

Migration isnt going to be just a click of a button, and the site is perfect. It takes some work.

I am going live in 3-4 weeks, and I have been working on mine for a couple months atleast.

Milbo

Ah Banquet, you express it not correctly right. When you start now, I dont think you need months. Actually the migration of the data is sometimes done in 20 minutes now. The problem is the changed template system and things like this.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Allen_K

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, I must ask if you are repying to my post or someone else's. I did not post any issues regarding my migration problems. In any way. We have not even attempted to migrate yet since we are awaiting for Virtuemart cart 2.0 to progress from the clear beta stage it is in to a real stable release (2.01 Stable). This is why I am confused as to your advice as to our problematic migration.  My post was about delaying a migration attempt. The migration advice has no applicablilty at all.

The only question asked in the original post was when the estimated time such a release of 2.01 stable would happen. This lets me know if we should start looking for a virtumart alternative before Jooma 1.5 slips into non-support in less than a month. Any ideas?

PRO

Quote from: avkeele on March 01, 2012, 23:44:16 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, I must ask if you are repying to my post or someone else's.
The only question asked in the original post was when the estimated time such a release of 2.01 stable would happen. This lets me know if we should start looking for a virtumart alternative before Jooma 1.5 slips into non-support in less than a month. Any ideas?

He was talking to me.

and its stable for me, u might find something that needs to be worked out.
You will not know what you have to do , until you get into it. But if you start now, you will be able to find things that are different that you will have to workaround.

You should start now locally, or on a protected domain.