News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help! No shipping options showing up in checkout

Started by nubdes, January 31, 2012, 19:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubdes

I am new to VirtueMart, but have been able to figure everything out...until now. We want to use the USPS shipping module. This is what I've done so far.
1. Uploaded the newest version so it shows The USPS Shipping module v4.2 supporting USPS API v3. in the Admin/Configuration list. This is the only option checked.
2. Under Store/Shipping Module List I've configured the USPS module with the username/password, etc.
3. I've called USPS and had them move our account to the production server.

When I try to check out, there is nothing listed under shipping options.

I then tried:
4. Shipping/Create Shipper and added the U.S. Postal Service.

Still nothing.

I then tried:
5. Shipping/Shipping Rates and added the USPS to ship to any zip code in the US.

Still nothing shows up. When I turn on debug and try to check out, all I get in that section is: Debug: Starting Shipping module: uspsv4.
I am using Joomla 1.5.25 with VirtueMart 1.1.9 Stable.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks :-)

nubdes

I can't believe the absolutely insane reason I couldn't get this to work! When putting the weight of each item in VirtueMart, we put in the weight, and the Unit of Measure was "lb" (without quotes) for pound. Well, the unit of measure has to be "LB" (capital letters, no quotes). Once that was changed, it works perfectly.

I hope this solution keeps someone else from spending countless hours making no headway!