News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to add a storeadmin correctly?

Started by zappodrom, February 13, 2012, 11:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zappodrom

Hi guys,

I just set up a little shop for a client. Now, he should get access to the VM-Component. But I'm confused by the user management of VM and Joomla...
How do I set up a storeadmin correctly that he can add categories, products, doing Usermanagement and such? But he should not have the rights to change any other of the Joomla configuration.
I use VM 2.0.1 and Joomla 2.5.1.

Things I did already:
- add the user to the userlist in Joomla and joined him to the group "Administrator"
- edit the user in VM 2.0.1 and set him to "storeadmin"
- logged in as storeadmin but still have the chance to change Templates, Modules, Components and such :(

I also set the rightmanagement of each other component under options only to the administrator but this doesn't help at all.

Can someone give me a hint how to do this correct?

Thanks for the great work!

Zappodrom

Renata

Hi Zappodrom

Did you find a solution? I struggle with the same problem. My account still is visible if i go to the webshop settings. But it should be someone else who is already store admin and admin in joomla settings. Cant find how to do that?

Hope to hear from you soon (or someone else who knows how to do it.)

Kind regards
Renata

Please visit my website https://responsivewebsitemaken.nl for all your graphic webdesign and Joomla websites.

Renata

Found something: i activated in configuration: activate more storeadmin (experimental) and suddenly i see the other person as admin when i log in as the other person.

As this is experimental i hope it works in good order.

regards
Renata
Please visit my website https://responsivewebsitemaken.nl for all your graphic webdesign and Joomla websites.

dmbart

Hello,

Can't find your option in the configuration.
Where is it ???

Thanks in advance.

Renata

i am using vm 2.0.6 now and you can find it:

configuration > shop (i have dutch version so dont know the good english word for it)

please note that this option is still in experimental phase and only ment for developers according to the info overthere.

kind regards
Renata

dmbart

Hello,

Thanks for your response but once this thing activated how do you do to just give the permission to:
add categories, products, doing Usermanagement and such? But not have the rights to change any other of the Virtuemart configuration.

A clue ???

John2400

Store admin,

Can only lock a few things?  Really the only option is to give the user an "administrator " user option. You can click the configuration>>shop>>

administrated multivendor

They wil not be able to change the configuration in the shop But other options will be left open.

Some have suggested that modules and pluging can be set will different option of access but for now your user who has access to VM will also have access to most of joomla.