Guest Checkout is not working.. Has anyone tried Guest Checkout on their site

Started by rlspencer, February 11, 2012, 16:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlspencer

Guest checkout not working... After filling out the guest checkout fields and going to the check out page it stats to select a shipping/payment option however nothing is available to select.  Select option the guest receives the following message:

"Please select a payment method

We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order. Please ."

The message is incomplete as the last word is "Please."   Has anyone else run into this issue?  Or even test guest checkout?  Most do not an assume it works as the registered user.  Unforunately, I am getting this error.  Can some please help.

David-Andrew

Works for me! Did you enable payment and shipment methods? Did you up[grade  to 2.0l1 (see development forum), are you sure an address is entered in previous screen?
iDEAL for Virtuemart 3
http://www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions/ccideal-platform-ideal-for-joomla

Also supports Rabo OmniKassa and other payment providers, and older Virtuemart versions!

rlspencer

Yes... I enabled payment and shipment methods. They work when a user is registered.  Check out Herbaceousacres.com and see what I mean.

vasiljevski

Had the similar problem, I have only one shipment and payment method, but if I tried to order as guest no payment method was available. :)
You should add all your user groups to payment and shipment methods to be available to all.

PRO

Are the payment and shipping methods assigned to shopper groups?

ALSO::: if they are assigned to countries etc. They do not show up until you fill in that part of the address

QubeSys Technologies

Quote from: vasiljevski on April 02, 2012, 19:50:12 PM
Had the similar problem, I have only one shipment and payment method, but if I tried to order as guest no payment method was available. :)
You should add all your user groups to payment and shipment methods to be available to all.

That is already done.

Still doesnt work for guest checkouts.

This is stupid.
Blissful!