Main Menu

Category Page Fields for Templating

Started by PRO, February 08, 2012, 19:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hollywooood

Good to know this now but I don't think anyone would know the affect it would have to pinpoint that it is in fact Falang.  Perhaps putting "causes product display errors" in the title might make it easier to find the associated problem.  Maybe I'm nitpicking here, not sure, spent a lot of time trying to sort that out.

Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.6
PHP 5.2.17
MySQL 5.5.21-55
APACHE 2.2.22

baggeler

Suggestion for Forum management:

There is a HUGE amount of information here on the board and identified bugs may be pretty difficult to discover, even with search.
However, a simple solution of moderators tagging all relevant messages (similar like sticky) which contain such identified bugs or other important messages would be an excellent mean to reduce a huge amount of duplication and frustratin for both moderators and users.

Like the faq and the sticky, this would be one of the first places for everybody to rapidly find solutions or at least identify known issues... Virtuemart is growing fast and I guess this solution would be beneficial for everybody.

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

PRO

Quote from: bubu636 on April 08, 2012, 19:57:34 PM
I disabled image popup function in category page. But I want the image to link to the product page so I

Deleted below lines

<?php /** @todo make image popup */ echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="'.$product->product_name.'" ',false,'class="modal"');?>

and replaced with this below but not working...

<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product-
>virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb
('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

What did I do wrong?

Thank you-:)

what is it doing?

hebole

What code should I use to measure the length, width and height to display in the category page?

RuBAN

Can I translate units (GR, M, etc.) to another language without PHP fixes?

lipes

Hi. It's possible to have a Normal Manufacturer List (like a menu) instead of a Dropdown list ?
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer']; ?>
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

lipes, ofcourse.

The only difference is the css

lipes

its possible to call some php code function like:
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer_product_categories']; ?>  or <?php echo $this->orderByList['mf_categories']; ?> or <?php echo $this->orderByList['categories']; ?> ?
When we are in a Manufacturer Page Users Could see the Available Product Categories of that Brand ...

In fact I dont know what php name could call Product Categories on the specific Manufacturer ...
Or we have to have this option first: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7343/60507342.png 
to do that ?

Thanks!

PRO

Quote from: lipes on April 24, 2012, 14:25:52 PM
its possible to call some php code function like:
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer_product_categories']; ?>  or <?php echo $this->orderByList['mf_categories']; ?> or <?php echo $this->orderByList['categories']; ?> ?
When we are in a Manufacturer Page Users Could see the Available Product Categories of that Brand ...

In fact I dont know what php name could call Product Categories on the specific Manufacturer ...
Or we have to have this option first: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7343/60507342.png 
to do that ?

Thanks!

no,

I just did this
<?php print_r($this->manufacturer) ?>

and did not get the data you were looking for

You could always use modules to add extra stuff to pages

lipes

http://localhost/mp5/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=3

I'm trying to see in Manufacturer Id 3 ( or any other Manufacturer ID )... but cant find a solution to print all the possible commands

I've tryed to insert this <?php print_r($this->manufacturer) ?>  in my template folder /html/com_virtuemart / manufacturer / default.php

but dont work :(

Maybe could be related with this code in Module VM Category
$category->childs = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

to get all Child Category Listing in the Manufacturer brand ?
But i dont know how to do it.. :/

PRO

Quote from: lipes on April 25, 2012, 00:08:31 AM
http://localhost/mp5/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=3

I'm trying to see in Manufacturer Id 3 ( or any other Manufacturer ID )... but cant find a solution to print all the possible commands

I've tryed to insert this <?php print_r($this->manufacturer) ?>  in my template folder /html/com_virtuemart / manufacturer / default.php

but dont work :(

Maybe could be related with this code in Module VM Category
$category->childs = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

to get all Child Category Listing in the Manufacturer brand ?
But i dont know how to do it.. :/

$this->manufacturer
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100696.0

^^ ONLY works on    details
$this->   REFERS to the CURRENT object, which can be identified by the   ID in the url

Product Page  $this->   refers to the product that the product id is in the url
Category Page $this-> Refers to the category that the ID is in the URL
Manufacturer Page Detail $this-> Refers to the manufacturer that the ID is in the url

lipes

yes i already know that precious rules. But I'am in Module Manufacturer List View that comes with this url attached (index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&Itemid=131)

and with the link in One Manufacturer Brand (id 2) ( index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=2 )

is different that comming from the normal Product Categories the url ( index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=2 )
In that Manufacturer (ID 2) Category (or Categories View i dont know the difference because i think this is working bad) the page doesnt show to me the Header Title of Manufacturer too... only displays this in html: <h1></h1> .. no title Name of Manufacturer!! :|

readyforchange

Hello Guys,

I have three requests...  I have taken out my product details button with the help of this forum ( you guys ). 

1.  I need help with making the product image link to my product details page.  I tried cutting and pasting in the solution but i keep on getting errors.  Can someone show me what text to replace with what... to get that to work?

2.  I need a new add to cart button that matches the buttons in Yootheme.  http://www.yootheme.com/demo/joomla/cloud <<< the details button.  How do I do that?

3. I would also like to add ... the add to cart button in the category product view... how do i do that?

Thank you very much.

iMacvador

if i understand right, those codes are a part of the solution i need and posted on this topic :

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102399.0

if they are what i need... how to use them to have my products page looking like i show in the photos hoped image... ?