News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 Default and Categories Layout conflicting with S5 Flex Menu

Started by Henrik Holm Nielsen, February 05, 2012, 15:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henrik Holm Nielsen

Hi All,

I have a problem with VM 2.0 Default and Categories Layouts, in a template from Shape 5 called "Sienna".

The thing is, that the templates uses Shape 5's menusystem called "S5 Flex Menu" and this product conflicts with VM2 Default & Categories Layouts in a way that breaks both the menusystem and VM2 displaying. Now - I have been communication with Shape 5, but they seem to believe that the problem is with VM2 - so here I am trying to see if anybody here can help me find a solution.

On http://design.2ndlevel.dk/sienna/ I have created a testinstall with the template and a fresh VM2 install.
To understand the problem, you need to know that the menusystem contains a number of dropdown menus, which is not working when display the 2 mentioned VM 2 Layouts. There is simply no dropdowns...

If you hover the menuitem "VM2 Shopping" from the frontpage, you'll see the menu folds down. But after clicking "VM2 Shopping" which is the Default Layout, it stops working. Same with menuitem "Power Tools" with Categories Layout.

I have only limited skills when it comes to debugging Javascripts", but using Firebug I get the following errormessages after clicking "VM2 Shopping":
Error: $(window).addEvent is not a function
Error: $(this.options.id).getElements is not a function

Is anybody able to shed some light on where the problem lies? And how to fix it?
If it's some sort of Javascript function nameclash, I guess I should be able to rename the function, but I not sure how to find the clash and if changing VM2 or S5's javascript is better...

Joomla is 1.7.3 and Virtuemart is 2.0.1d 2.0 (can't yet try 2.0.1d update due to Mysql version (5.0.67) limit on my development server).

EDIT: I just read about the potential issues with mysql < 5.2 and took a shot with the 2.0.1d update on a copy of the site, and this went fine. But my javascript problem still exists though...

Hope you can help!
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

PRO

Henrik Holm Nielsen

Halleluja - disabling Virtuemart JQuery did it!!!
Thank you so much for this tip!!!

Will this have any effect on other Virtuemart functionality, or will the allready loaded Jquery just give Virtuemart the funtions needed from there?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

rafael8a

Hey.
I have exactly the same problem.
But jQuery disable VM not fix.
Any other suggestions please.

Try changing the parameters
that reference K2 jQuery,
but still nothing happened.
The restored to their original values.

Mootools install manually either.

Template: Vertex Shape5
Joomla: 2.5.1
VirtueMart: 2.0.0
Wamp: 2.0
php: 5.2.9
MySQL: 5.1.36
Apache: 2.2.11
BD: MySQL

Henrik Holm Nielsen

Hello,

I have not tried this myself, but maybe it will help if you disable "Use external google jquery library" in Shop Configuration?

jenkinhill

You cannot use an external library with localhost! Also, rafael8a, the recommended PHP version for VM2 and Joomla 2.5 is 5.3  - 5.2.9 is much too old.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rafael8a

PHP >> Switch to 5.3.0 + Restart server
VM >> disable jQuery
k2 >> jQuery all locally.
Mootools >> when the disabled = remains the problem
Mootools >> When enabled = remains the problem

Try to position the store as external link and is not solution either.
When running VM appears to be disabled working library with the menu, but not how to fix that.

The install Joomla 2.5 + template for 2.5 + the VM 2.0 is new and clean, for testing.

Check this topic ::
http://www.shape5.com/component/option, com_smf / Itemid, 75/action, post / topic, 18363.0/num_replies, 15/

but I have no third-party extensions. And the spoken version there is J1.5

rafael8a

I did some tests.

The pages::
-VM default
-top category
disable the "S5 menu flex"

But the pages::
-more internal category
-products
work well with the menu.

Any suggestions that might be happening?

rafael8a

(1) resolved, (2) but ::

(1) resolved ::
Enter this file ::
C:\wamp\www\<Joomla-folder>\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.php

and comment out the line ::
vmJsApi :: jQuery ();

(2) but ::
There will be some bad execution of the VM at some point? .. anyone know?