News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Unable to Process payment (PayPal)

Started by harikjr, February 07, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harikjr

I'm using Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1e with a gavick.com e-sport template. Payment method is PayPal (VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL). I am NOT in PayPal sandbox mode.

When ever a user is checking out in the store (http://aleksandrshevchenko.org/%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B8%D0%BD) - after pressing confirm order - the user is redirected to paypal and then i get this error"

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

I have triple checked everything - everything seems good from my end but paypal is not accepting something - i guess the address.

What i'm noticing: When I try to add a shipping address in the backend of virtuemart for a shopper - it does not get saved in the shoppers shipping field. I press save and it says "Info: user data stored" - but going back to the shopper, there is no address. And when i'm entering the data - all the data is allowed to be entered EXCEPT selecting the "state/province/region" (which is required) - so i'm thinking that that may have something to do here. HOWEVER, if a shopper enters their shipping info in the front end - it will be saved and the state/province/region is saved as well... But both circumstances give me that error.

The order is saved (sometimes) into the "Orders" as pending.

Thank you for your help ahead of time.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

harikjr

Could it be that the adress is in the wrong format? i've attached an image where the adress is definitely not the format of addresses.

maybe it has to be

Name Last
5555 Street Ave
City, State 96785
Country

would that play a role?

I've tried reordering the field - i'm not allowed to in Joomla (some fields are locked).

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Hi harikjr,

I have receive this message a few times from paypal - I only get this message if the paypal email " set in my configuration"  is not a real paypal account/ can be a test one.

* I set a few false emails just to test the system and they all came up with that message.

* When I used a real or test account that I have set up in paypal - I did not get the message.

* I was doing exactly what you did and tried to fix some addresses in VM.

Just let me know if that make a difference.

harikjr

it's a real account - we have it set up already on paypal and it works on a different website.

harikjr

i tried another email address... same issue.

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

I've registered as a new user into joomla - made sure i entered all my info correctly, and still same issue. I tripple checked all the setting in the back end.. still no succes..

is anyone else having issues with 2.0.1e and paypal?

freeme

Same with me.
Experiencing exactly the same problem!

cas

Same problem with me.  It worked fine in VM 2.0.0, but when I upgraded to VM 2.0.1 the problem started occurring.

cas

I just upgraded to VM 2.0.1.F with Joomla 2.5.1, but I still cannot checkout using PayPal.  This is a critical problem that customers cannot buy on my site. 

mangotti

I'll put my vote in on this. Same for me in 2.0.1f using J 1.7.3

cas

I'm using Joomla 2.5.1 and VM 2.0.1.f.  Here's the details: With one product in the cart in US $, I press the Confirm Order button to check out, it goes to PayPal, but then PayPal immediately gives this message: Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

This exact product works fine start to finish with Joomla 2.5.1 and VM2.0.0.  Something changed between VM 2.0.0 and 2.0.1.

I do not have any shopper groups set for the products.  As an experiment I tried setting the shopper group for one product to -default- and then -anonymous-, but it gets the same PayPal error for both groups.

jjk

If I understand your problem correctly, you are getting that message because the customer address you're sending for your test transaction is an invalid address. PayPal verifies addresses supplied - you can't enter fake addresses! (As a customer you can use only those addresses which you actually attached to your paypal account/profile)

For details on how to configure your PayPal merchant account please read this: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_BillingShippingAddress
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

cas

No, the address is valid and is the same I used with VM2.0.0 that worked.  But it doesn't work with VM 2.0.1.F

As you can see from all the posts, many people are having the same issue and they also validated the address is correct.

This is a critical problem that customers cannot buy products on our websites.  What do we need to do to get this fixed? 

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI press the Confirm Order button to check out, it goes to PayPal, but then PayPal immediately gives this message: Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

I fount this documenation:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_BillingShippingAddress
Paypal Address Handling (U.S. Merchants Only)

The best is to have 2 new parameters in Paypal config to handle the address_override, and no_shipping parameters.

cas

VM Team,

Here are more details to help you find the issue:  I have a production website using Joomla 2.5.1 with VM2.0.0 and the checkout with PayPal works fine.  I used Akeeba to backup and create the exact same website with the same products, customers and settings on a test server, and then all I did was upgrade the test site to VM2.0.1.F, and now checkout with PayPal does NOT work.  This doesn't sound to me (IMHO) like it can be a PayPal issue if I can buy the same product with the same customer using VM2.0.0, but I cannot buy using VM2.0.1.F.  What changed between VM2.0.0 and VM2.0.1.(a-f)?

alatak

Hi,

Hi,

in the file plugins/paypal/paypal.php
please comment this line ( in the function plgVmConfirmedOrder
  "address_override" => "1",

In the next version, this parameter will be set via the Paypal configuration.

This parameter sets the overriding addresses stored with PayPal
For people who already have PayPal accounts and whom you already prompted for a shipping address before they choose to pay with PayPal, you can use the entered address instead of the address the person has stored with PayPal. 

Please tell me if this was the problem.