News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

how do you move the store

Started by mygbn, February 04, 2012, 10:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygbn

I want to move my virtuemart store to a new installation of joomla 1.7 & virtuemart 2.0 on a new domain like with migration can any one help pls.

jenkinhill

Use Akeeba to copy the current site and install on the new server. You may need to make some internal config changes after that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mygbn

But i don't want to move the whole site just the store products & Categorys i have the site ready with vm2 is there a way to migrate

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mygbn

But Surely there's a way of migrating products and category's from one vm2 to another with out subscribing  to a company is the no way through the database or somekind

Archeantus

Yes. i would like to know this same thing.

mygbn

if you can migrate virtuemart 1 to a virtuemart 2 there really should be a way that a can do vm2 to vm2 this would save a lot of time adding products & Category's that have already been added to another website

jenkinhill

Of course you can do it using phpMyAdmin to copy all VM tables and also copy the relevant category/product  image directories. Just takes longer and there is more to do wrong if you are not used to handling databases.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

mygbn

Ive moved the tables of vm from 1 to another and copyed the files from 1 Shop to another via the files and also the pictures but not sure if i have missed anything if anyone knows the way to do this just in case f missing any thing and also for the knowledge of others but is the way im doing it is correct then il let you know via this post

mygbn

when moving the images from the first site to 2nd i tryed to Synchronize media and it shows, ( vmError: Attention script time too short, no time left to store the media, please rise script execution time) also products and category's still not showing even with the new tables and the 1st sites files all moved realy this should be show 380 products and about 40 category's must of missed something or it just don't work

jenkinhill

Increase the max_execution_time in your php.ini and resync.

Now you see why I use CSVi.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK