News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Specific Shopper Group (Wholesale) Prices?

Started by statman24, February 02, 2012, 15:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedul

Hi webzight, I tried as per your instruction and it worked wonderfully except for 2 issues:
1. The rule is not applied to the shopping cart
2. The rule is applied to all products except for (only) the first product in every categories.

Any light? thanks.

John2400

http://www.ecsokey.com/en/oziogaleryfoto.html

saw this .I can see your issue maybe you can set % and then manual change price with this?

razor7

Quote from: webzight on July 22, 2012, 00:53:24 AM
Group Pricing or Discounts 101 :o

1) Goto Orders & Shoppers
2) Create "Discount" Shopper Group - I named one of mine Discount40 for 40% off MSRP and labeled same in description.
2a) "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" - Check the box :o
2b) "Show Prices" - Check the box :o
2c) Configure labels and prices for what you want displayed with this group - I checked both boxes for "Final salesprice" only, the others left blank 8)
2d) Save & Close
3) Goto Products - Click on Taxes & Calculation Rules (see where this going yet :o)
3a) Click on NEW (Big Yellow Plus icon, upper right corner of window)
3b) After new blank window opens, name your new "rule" what ever discount you have in mind, I named mine "40% Discount off MSRP"
3c) Description - I filled in "40% off MSRP"
3d) Type of Arithmetic Operation      Select - Price modifier for Profit Margin
3e) Math Operation    Select  -%
3f) Value - Type in the value of the percentage discount you wish assign for this rule - I used 40 :o
3g) Set the Currency
3h) Product Category Here you can assign this rule to specific Product Category(s) :o  Leave blank otherwise :o
3i) "Shopper Groups" Now here is the BIGGIE - This is where you assign this rule to the Discount Group(s) you setup previously 8)
3j) Country - Here you can apply a rule by Country(s) Leave blank otherwise :o
3k) State / Province / Region - Here you can apply a rule by State, Province, Region 8) Leave blank otherwise :o
3l) Visible for Shopper - Check the box :o
3m) Visible for vendor - You decide here for yourself  8)
3n)  Set Start Date and End Date as you wish  ::)
3o)  Check over your settings and once satisfied, "Save & Close"

Got it working! Thanks!

PS: Just to be clear "2) Create "Discount" Shopper Group - I named one of mine Discount40 for 40% off MSRP and labeled same in description.", please, create a brand NEW shopper group, don't mess up with VM default groups! Really, this is a must!
MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store

amymattian

Hi,

of some reason I cannot see on the product page in the discount dropdown options the rules that are defines as profig margin. When I change the rule as normal redution after the taxes and let's say -40% then I can see that in the options. What could be causing the profit margin not showing in the product discount options? I have 2.0.14 at use and I have added a new wholesale shoppergroup with "show shoppergroup prices" yes.

Greetings,
Anne

amymattian

Hi,

what can be reason that I don't get the " Price modifier for Profit Margin" reduction option visible in the product page. It does not show as option at all. When I make the reduction as regular -% after taxes then it is showing to EVERYONE not only to the customer group. What am I doing wrong?

- Anne-Mari

John2400

Hi ,

I set the margin for price modifier for profit tax at -40%
I made a customer - a wholesaler

* When I logged in to the site the sales price on the product was 40% less .

maybe you might need to show us your tax setting.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

amymattian

So it seems that I have missunderstood this function. What I need it a possibility to add different %-reductions for different products for one shoppergroup. If this is a general reduction then it does not help me. I need to be able to add different % for different products. Is there any way of doing that?

If I make a reagular -% reduction and choose it for one product, then all shoppergroups seem to inherit this reduction even when I have defined it only as wholesale group. Why is this happening? Is there any good way where I can have shoppergroup-price (varying according to the product) and still have the same stock-quantity-control (in other words no separate products for different shoppergroups, but one product and depending on the shoppergroup it shows different price?

Thanks!

- Anne

John2400

Hi,

I hope someone does this better that I do -

You problem is stock ( yes) - You just want one product stock option.
* I made a product - just like normal - published at $100.00
* I made one child from the same product - thus they inherit the parents cost etc .
* publish both
* add child to the Same product category -
Now you have two products ( add all the shopper groups to one say the parent ) - leave out the wholesaler
Now to the other child just add it to the whole sale group .
* Make the profit tax like before and publish it. ( set to only wholesaler)
* on your site you should see a one product to all.
* when the wholesaler logs in the price and product will be different with the tax (deduction).
* the stock-  it work perfectly -

do not add stock to the child.

amymattian

Hi,
what do you mean profit tax? You mean the Margin Profit %? Because if I understood that can be only one? I have profits ranging from 40 - 80% so each product has it's own.  Do I just add a different price?

I'm not very familiar with the child-products. What do I have to add to the childs to make them work, other than the price and shoppergroup?
What about SKU for the child? Do I leave it empty?
f there is no stock defined will it use the parent stock? Do I have to do any special connecting of the parent-child expect that I create the child from the parent, does that automatically connect them to use the same stock?

Thanks!

Anne

John2400

Firstly you will need to set up a child products to get started-
* make a normal product
* then inside that product you will see child product >click and create one
* then go to products and you should see both in your list
* you do not have to give that product a SKU - it inherits  the parents and the cost too.
* From here you now have a product ( the child one that is attached to the parents stock)

* you will have to now play with that product and see what options you would like to do
* one option is to hide it buy adding it to a shopper group your whole sale group.
* you then can play with the options for a whole sale shopper etc -

* the options of having different products have different cost  based upon a % might be better tested by making the cost of the child product - " an actual " different price - type the new price -and maybe not use taxes.  a universal deduction looks quite easy to do but multiple % deductions for multiple products for one group - looks difficult.  I am still playing  with options. I hope others might have a better solution for you.