enabled reviews, disabled ratings, but stars still show and date wrong

Started by misscherylb, July 19, 2012, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misscherylb

in config, i have set
reviews: for registered users / show everybody
ratings: none/disabled

but the review box on the page still shows the stars (empty stars without rating) and a date in the top right corner of the box that is wrong - it says "Wednesday, 30 November -0001"
how do i get rid of the stars and correct the date?

And also, if I do not tick the box for auto-publishing in config, will I receive alerts when users post comments?

John2400

Hi misscherylb,

the way you have written this is a bit confusing? It appears like you have set "Show Reviews" and ticked "For registered users" and "Show everybody" which is impossible?

could you use an image and show use what you set in the ratings and the time is set in Joomla configuration - just see if it is set to the sever time or the local time.?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

misscherylb

hi john! thanks!
i've attached a screenshot of the settings...
the time in joomla is set to local time (Joburg)

what i'm trying to do is: enable reviews, but not ratings (no stars, only comment)
and then make comments possible for registered users and visible to anyone.

but it still shows the stars?! (i meanwhile changed the code to make the stars 0 pixels so they dont show, but not quite the solution....)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Interesting,

I too cannot turn off the stars - The actual images - I'll make a request regarding that in an new update feature. Thanks .

For now your solution is the answer - so there is no bug - that date - I looked at mine and it is perfect-.

also In my image of the ratings I'm on version 2.0.8e your configuration in the back for the ratings is a little different than mine.
The auto publishing - they will all still appear  in the back - I'm not sure if you actually get an email - you will still have to log in to see them.

misscherylb

interesting :-) thanks for checking!
I wonder what's up with my date then...

you don't perhaps know about the availability problem too that I posted in another thread? somewhat similar non-function...
right at the bottom here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101401.msg350432#msg350432