News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

migration ok but no image in product

Started by berges, January 30, 2012, 12:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carsten888

Quotedid you MOVE the images into the folder FIRST before migrating?

Maybe to avoid confusion could you please add on this page http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0
copy-paste the images from
components\com_virtuemart\shop_image\product
to
images\stories\virtuemart\product
(took me quite some time just finding them)

saviB

Has there been any advancements on this issue? I've got a perfect migration but, like the rest of you, the product images aren't associated with the products. They are in the correct folders, and show up in the VM media browser. I would LOVE an automated solution as I have around 1200 products in the store...

mowlman

Any resolution on this?

Am I going to have to edit each product and manually set the product image and product thumb?

I am really feeling abandoned with the new VM2. With all of the migration issues and lack of functionality that matches the VM1 version, some of my customers want me to look into Opencart since the migration is like starting over. I am resisting, but need to get things resolved and start moving forward.

All of my product thumbs were created as size 160x160 and uploaded in my VM1 shop, since this is so, I have automatic thumbnail creation deactivated in VM2.

I first used jupgrade to upgrade joomla so my root is at jupgrade/ THEN
I copied VM product images folder to "/var/www/yoursite/images/stories/virtuemart/products" folder,
also create an identical copy in "/var/www/yoursite/jupgrades/images/stories/virtuemart/products".  Basically subfolder that was under my VM shop images folder was copied over to new location.

Performed the VM migration

Product Media URL set to : images/stories/virtuemart/product/

All product images are published.

I can see category pictures, but NO product images (main images nor product thumbs)  When editing a product product thumb is blank.

Where do I go from here?
The only thing I just realized is that the migration instructions said to MOVE the VM images, where I Copied.

Any ideas out there?  Thank you for any help.

Milbo

Quote from: Bruce Morgan on February 22, 2012, 02:11:37 AM
    I manually transferred them into the correct folders after migration and tried to synchronize the media again but nothing changed.

Yes, because the migration is DONE. So if you copy THEN your images, they are of course NOT considered during the migraion. Synchronising is NOT migration, it does add your medias to the database, so that you can use them in vm.
    So very important copy your images BEFORE you do the migration, afterwards it is senseless.

Quote from: carsten888 on March 05, 2012, 15:15:03 PM
    I checked the database tables after the migration, but the image-data is simply not in the product_image database table. Also not in the product table.
    In the old version that data was in table 'product' column 'product_full_image', but that data is nowhere in the database after migration.

Of course not, because every object like product, category, manufacturer, vendor,... has its own media xref table for example #__virtuemart_product_medias

Quote from: carsten888 on March 05, 2012, 18:24:11 PM
    Quotedid you MOVE the images into the folder FIRST before migrating?

Maybe to avoid confusion could you please add on this page http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0
    copy-paste the images from
    components\com_virtuemart\shop_image\product
    to
    images\stories\virtuemart\product
    (took me quite some time just finding them)

Imho was all the time written that way
    Quote from: Milbo on December 21, 2011, 02:57:18 AM

• Move your product/manufacturer/vendor images into images/stories/virtuemart and there in the right subfolders. (category, manufacturer, product, vendor)
    • Click "Start Migration" as many times as it takes for all products to migrate
    Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: mowlman on January 09, 2013, 21:15:07 PM
    All of my product thumbs were created as size 160x160 and uploaded in my VM1 shop, since this is so, I have automatic thumbnail creation deactivated in VM2.
    This makes it in fact more complex, you can overwrite the standard thumbnail in vm2, but what you try todo is a migration and overwrite, that is of course not the simpelst way. If your thumbnails are not different from the main image. Just forget your old thumbnails, the creation is done so fast on the fly, just change your thumbnail size BEFORE you do the migration (or in this case also synchronisation), so that the thumbnails are directly created with 160px.

I first used jupgrade to upgrade joomla so my root is at jupgrade/ THEN
    I copied VM product images folder to "/var/www/yoursite/images/stories/virtuemart/products" folder,
    also create an identical copy in "/var/www/yoursite/jupgrades/images/stories/virtuemart/products".  Basically subfolder that was under my VM shop images folder was copied over to new location.
    oha, shows already that you misused the the jupgrade. A copy paste from http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/how-to-migrate-or-upgrade-joomla-15-to-16/ :
    "The fact that jUpgrade creates a new Joomla 1.6 installation for us is, in my opinion, pure genius. If the migration process was not 100% successful, your Joomla 1.5 is still perfectly intact and none of your users are affected. You have an opportunity to check out your site both in the frontend and the backend to make sure everything is up to par.

So what actually happens? jUpgrade downloads the latest version of Joomla 1.6 for you to the jupgrade directory (which it creates) in the root folder of your Joomla 1.5 installation. It then extracts all the files from the download. Once extraction has completed, jUpgrade installs Joomla 1.6 and then proceeds to migrate your old database to the new Joomla 1.6 database which it has created.

Your Joomla 1.6 site will be installed in www.example.com/jupgrade assuming that your Joomla 1.5 installation is in your html root.
    "

Btw we do exactly the same genius thing, we do not touch the old data, if a migration does not work on a live store a pro can reset it within 3 minutes. So for me it looks like you got mixed up with the versions. Remember, vm2 is running on j1.5 AND j2.5.

All product images are published.
    Do they have virtuemart_vendor_id= 1 ? or set to shared=1?
    If they have virtuemart_vendor_id = 0 and shared = 0, then they are not accessible. Then you maybe accidently setup a multivendor store.
    Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mowlman

Hello Milbo,
    First , I want to thank you for taking the time to reply.

I might not have described my situation properly.  I am going to revert back to my working VM1 / joomla 1 store and start the migration over.
    I have found instructions on migrating 2 ways: VM first then joomla, or joomla first then VM.  On two different test sites , I have tried both.   In each occasions I seem to have image problems, obviously I am missing configuring something.

My starting point: VM1 store where main product images range from 500px to 700px  and All the thumbnail pictures where manually created from the larger pics to fit nicely into 160x160 px so the products line up on the browse page and all thumb images look the same size.  Is it easier to do the VM migration B4 the joomla?

If I am reading the instruction right, I copy the VM shop images under a Virtuemart sub directory of Images/stories  so for example my product images would be copied to htdocs\elegant2\images\virtuemart\product\ directory.   Once all of my shop images are copied over,
    Rename my admin/component/com_virtuemart & component/com_virtuemart sub folders
    I then can install VM2 right on top of my VM1, 
    Turn on DB tools
    Run the Migration

Is there a way to keep my thumbnails looking good at 160x160?  I know I can set the automatic thumbs creation and have size at 160x160, but in VM1, when automatic creation was used, the thumbnail image created from a 700px picture looked much different than a thumbnail created from a 500px.   Maybe i should go and edit all of my current images from my VM1 site and resize them to 700 x 700px,  then when VM automatically created the thumbs at 160x160, they would look ok?

Thank you for your time. -Bill

PRO

mowman, if you are talking about the "quality" of the image difference based on 500 & 700. That wont happen.

UNLESS you are talking about

500 x 700  ??? proportion?

&&

IF: YOU MUST have the old thumbnails.
    HERE is what you do.

Put the thumbnails in the "regular" product folder BEFORE migrating , they should migrate before empty.
    IF not, you will have to "synchorize media files"

THEN:

Use CSVI  http://www.csvimproved.com/

and assign the thumb image based on the URL (vmart 2.0 will not change the old filename )

So in other words: keep your old site copied somewhere to do exports with CSVI & then import "based on product sku" and assign them as thumb_url

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP