News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Migrating to VM2 problems - Better to do it manually?

Started by cleverbargain, January 29, 2012, 10:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleverbargain

Hello,

I am trying to migrate both my site from 1.5.25 to Joomla 2.5 as well as bring together the Virtuemart to my Joomla 2.5 without losing the database of my products.

1) I have managed to install joomla 2.5 on a temporary subfolder.
2) From the admin panel I go to Extension Manager and I select the virtuemart 2 zip file to install it (after I have downloaded and extracted first as advised).
3) I get an error message. Sometimes i get the error:
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/keepit/public_html/tmp/install_4f250dfdbcd24
JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/keepit/public_html/tmp/install_4f250dfdbcd24
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/keepit/public_html/tmp/install_4f250dfdbcd24
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Some other times I just get the error message: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

4) I uploaded the Virtuemart file inside the tmp folder and tried to install it from there but I still got an error.
5) I gave full permissions to the folders of my joomla but still cannot install succesfuly.

Finally, I would like to ask in this forum:
A) How to install the Virtuemart 2 Manually?
B) How to migrate all my Virtuemart products from my original Joomla 1.5 site (and the older version of Virtuemart) onto the Joomla 2.5 site and the newest Virtuemart 2?

Thank you

PRO

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236.0

Try cleaning your temp folder, and optimize your database. Then make sure you have your joomla set to mysql. Not mysqli

Then renstall. Make sure you are not trying to install a zip that says "unzip first"

jenkinhill

As widely discussed elsewhere, do not use J2.5 yet. Wait at least for J2.5.1 to be released tomorrow. Probably best to migrate to J1.7.3/4 first and wait for J2.5 issues to be resolved.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

patvb

I've got it installed with Joomla 2.5.1 and that's not working either.  Any other suggestions?  Other than going backwards?
Pat Vanden Bosche
PatVB Web Design
---------------------------------
www.patvb.com

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

patvb

After posting this message, I went back and read the ten pages of posts about the latest VM2.0.1f, and installed that.  I now see that VM2.0.1h is out.  It (VM2.0.1f) is working for the most part, didn't have enough time to fully test yet.  So I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and follow all the posts.
Pat Vanden Bosche
PatVB Web Design
---------------------------------
www.patvb.com

PRO

That. Thread has went through many subversions. Maybe it should be archived and a new one started for the new pre releases.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member