News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Slideshow of products

Started by 100gods, January 24, 2012, 16:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

100gods

Clicking on a product, magnifies the product on screen.
"Next" and "Previous" buttons are not visible to hop between images (like in fb, orkut albums).

Was hoping to inser "Next" and "Previous" buttons next to pictures after user has clicked on one of the product images.

Is there a built-in feature in VM or some external (bug free preferably) extension which may be used for this? :-)

Thanks.

Using Joomla 1.7.x and VM 2.0.x

John2400

You can download some extensions For joomla and use them as a link - you can HTML code back to a product.
You could just make a youtube video of products
You could Use the URL - picture link in each product to jump to a HTML or flash page you designed.
You could design a standard HTML page with the links - then use the wrapper function and embed it on the front page
I see there might be a VM extension - cost you though- have a look - I think I saw a new release of one.

You have a few options - out side of VM if you have some HTML coding software - eg dreamweaver -
or there are ots of free Photo album software products you can down load an they instantly make you one.

I think the trick for you is "if the customer finds a product they like - they need to click the product and jump to the buy option. This is all possible with simple HTML codes.

100gods

Hey John2400,

Thanks again for sharing these suggestions !!

" You can download some extensions For joomla and use them as a link - you can HTML code back to a product.
You could just make a youtube video of products
You could Use the URL - picture link in each product to jump to a HTML or flash page you designed."

Just that, I am a novice and creating flash/ html pages is'nt really an option for me !! Any shortcuts?? :-(

You could design a standard HTML page with the links - then use the wrapper function and embed it on the front page

Do not use how to use the wrapper function !!

I see there might be a VM extension - cost you though- have a look - I think I saw a new release of one.

Any chance your could suggest a (free) joomla 1.7 extension that would do the trick for me ??
I simply want something like this :
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-products-display/14932

Or alternatively, a software which could do image magnification like this:
http://www.gifto.in/category.php?id_category=13

" You have a few options - out side of VM if you have some HTML coding software - eg dreamweaver -
or there are ots of free Photo album software products you can down load an they instantly make you one."

Will look into this - please provide one small clarification on this -
Can html coding software like dreamweaver be linked with Virtuemart database?

Thanks a lot !!

PS: All my searches resulted in only paid ones - I tried ozio gallery etc, but they all are for another purpose all together !!

I think the trick for you is "if the customer finds a product they like - they need to click the product and jump to the buy option. This is all possible with simple HTML codes.
Nahh .. My intention is for the site to be only in the nature of catalogue !! :-)

John2400

Hi 100Gods,

The magnification tool - is outside of free joomla or VM at the moment - You can purchace these.
Im VM 1 - the tool did give option to show images in flash (or free Java scripts) -  or HTML image it was built into it - I'm sur ethis will come back.
Also _ if you don't want to go outside joomla or VM 2 - You can write a single  article  - basic page in Joomla - upload all your images and link them to Categories and new page links and then
Make that your VM2 front page_ No HTML coding needed.

You will have to practice in Joomla doing a single artice- VM 2.0.1 has a new option for images but not the magify roill over tool.

You do know that VM can simply be a catelog or if you just want images so people can see - click on or rollover noting else -

Software like Dreamweaver or free site software like this http://0xcc.net/zphoto/  - which again you could use a 'wrapper' on your front page.

You do not need coding skills you just need to paractice and change settings - download photo and se what happens.

just examples of fee software - for photos.